+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5257E Form Upload Error

cheechek

Jun 2, 2019
Hello,

Unfortunately, I experienced an upload error today as I was trying to upload the IMM5257E form. I downloaded the form directly from the application page (shown 06-2019 on the bottom left of the form) and had no issue filling or validating it. However, I could not upload the form due to the error below:

Error Description: The version of the document submitted is no longer accepted

I am sure that the form is of the latest version, so is the Adobe Reader on my computer. I have tried it on different browsers and computers but unfortunately, I have not succeeded in uploading the form.

I have submitted a technical issue report in the meantime.

My application is an urgent one and if anyone has any advice as to how I should proceed that would be very much appreciated!

Kind regards,
Aaron

Jun 2, 2019
I am also getting same error and tried many ways for last 3-4 hours. Different browser, PC, searched all over internet. Nothing working. Did anyone solve this problem?

cheechek

Jun 2, 2019
Hi all,

I suggest we report the technical issue (you can do that on the application page) with a screenshot of the error as well as a detailed explanation (e.g. tried different browsers, computers, Adobe Reader version etc.). Hopefully they will pick up on the issue and fix it ASAP!!

@psr_canadatrip @anitaqsam

Aaron

u_o

Jun 2, 2019
I am having the same issue since Yesterday. Tried everything did not work! if anyone manages to solve the problem please let us know.

Jun 2, 2019
Yes, I submitted technical issue report with screenshot. After searching into internet looks like many people are facing this.
@anitaqsam , @u_o and @cheechek request you guys also to report this as technical issue. Then may be we will get this resolved soon.

I tweeted this to IRCC twitter handle also (@CitImmCanada). It seems they reply on twitter. Please do that too.

u_o

Jun 2, 2019
Yes, I submitted technical issue report with screenshot. After searching into internet looks like many people are facing this.
@anitaqsam , @u_o and @cheechek request you guys also to report this as technical issue. Then may be we will get this resolved soon.

I tweeted this to IRCC twitter handle also (@CitImmCanada). It seems they reply on twitter. Please do that too.
Same I submitted technical issue report and contacted them through Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/CitCanada

Hopefully I hear from them tomorrow.

cheechek

Jun 2, 2019
'Hey!!!!
I solved the problem!!!
Frist, i deleted the application which you could see 'continue an application you haven't submitted' and i started again.
Also downloading the form of the document again and filled out, saved on my computer.
I uploaded all documents such as passport, photo, etc and tried to upload the application form.
Finally!!!! i got the message 'your application was succeeded'

If you have the problem the same as above, please delete everything and try again from the beginning.'

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-upload-error.634988/page-3

Apparently, someone solved the uploading issue with a different form using this method as quoted above - using Mac and Safari. Did not work for me, unfortunately!

No news from IRCC on the technical issue report and from twitter yet - what about you?

Aaron

Reactions: psr_canadatrip
Jun 2, 2019
Thanks Aaron for the update. Its good news. I will try deleting and retry whole thing.

To understand, after starting new application, you uploaded all other docs first and then you uploaded form in end. Please confirm.

cheechek

Jun 2, 2019
Hello all,

I am crediting this all to @Yen@5

Yen sent me the 02-2019 version of the IMM5257E form which I filled out and uploaded successfully!!! Please find the form here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NkoDI7kOkULjg14mqIIxVFHJvlovgf7b/view?usp=sharing

I also explained in the Client Information with a letter the reason I used the 02-2019 version and also detailed the situation with the website not accepting the form, resulting in delay etc.

Please give it a go - all the very best luck!!!

Kind regards,
Aaron

Jun 2, 2019
Ok, not able to open google drive from
Office. I will try today evening from home.
@cheechek please leave file google drive for now. I will download it in evening.

Thank you so much.

u_o

Jun 2, 2019
'Hey!!!!
I solved the problem!!!
Frist, i deleted the application which you could see 'continue an application you haven't submitted' and i started again.
Also downloading the form of the document again and filled out, saved on my computer.
I uploaded all documents such as passport, photo, etc and tried to upload the application form.
Finally!!!! i got the message 'your application was succeeded'

If you have the problem the same as above, please delete everything and try again from the beginning.'

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-upload-error.634988/page-3

Apparently, someone solved the uploading issue with a different form using this method as quoted above - using Mac and Safari. Did not work for me, unfortunately!

No news from IRCC on the technical issue report and from twitter yet - what about you?

Aaron
Oh man finally, it worked for me as well! I deleted my application and started again. Thank you Aaron for the update.

Jun 2, 2019
Thank you @cheechek Aaron.
I was able to upload form. I deleted whole application and started again.
IMM5257E is done. Will upload other documents now. Hopefully all will be well now.