+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

imm1294 questions

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Hello all, I have few questions to be asked, please do help if you know about it, its urgent

1) I have gaps of 6 months and 1-year in different periods in last 10 years, do I have to mention this gap in the imm1294 forms in the employment section?
2) In details for intended study in canada, do I need to write anything in the "room and board" and "other" if I will be getting any place outside the university campus?
3) FUNDS AVAILABLE FOR MY STAY: do I need to mention cost for living expenses only or have to include tuition fee as well?

Hoping people will help out, thanks in advance!

ChaChaVidhayakHain

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
Hello all, I have few questions to be asked, please do help if you know about it, its urgent

1) I have gaps of 6 months and 1-year in different periods in last 10 years, do I have to mention this gap in the imm1294 forms in the employment section?
2) In details for intended study in canada, do I need to write anything in the "room and board" and "other" if I will be getting any place outside the university campus?
3) FUNDS AVAILABLE FOR MY STAY: do I need to mention cost for living expenses only or have to include tuition fee as well?

Hello,

1) It is always advisable to be 100% transparent. I feel mentioning such a small gap won't affect your profile if it was for a genuine reason.
2) I wrote the GIC amount i.e., 10K CAD in room and board, and left the other part blank.
3) For funds available you should include your tuition fees as well. Basically all the money you're showing in your application. I wrote the total amount I had, i.e, 1yr Paid tuition fees + GIC + additional amount in the bank.

My application was approved 2 days back so you can rely on this.

Cheers!!

• Love
Reactions: aspirant256

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Hello,

1) It is always advisable to be 100% transparent. I feel mentioning such a small gap won't affect your profile if it was for a genuine reason.
2) I wrote the GIC amount i.e., 10K CAD in room and board, and left the other part blank.
3) For funds available you should include your tuition fees as well. Basically all the money you're showing in your application. I wrote the total amount I had, i.e, 1yr Paid tuition fees + GIC + additional amount in the bank.

My application was approved 2 days back so you can rely on this.

Cheers!!
3) but that's total money for 1 year or the whole program and duration?

and many congratulations on your visa, wish you good luck.

sonson

Mar 2, 2021

1) Based on the form, I think they more focus on what the latest job/activity you do and less on the whole history. Then there are only 3 slots, just list the latest 3 jobs in 10 years you had. The rest of explanation go to SOP.
In case you only did 2 jobs then feel free to fill in the activity between.
2) and 3) same as above. Just write down the living fee and then the money you are having in total. Obviously, total should at least covers all the fees.

sonson

Mar 2, 2021
I don't remember where I read it but all the fund in this form is based on your first year, specifically based on the loa that you received.
Again, if you are worried, explain your money plan in SOP, like the total estimated all the cost will be and how will you cover them. In additional, do show that you have a future career in your country that worth all that money you will spend.

ChaChaVidhayakHain

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020

and many congratulations on your visa, wish you good luck.
Yes, just 1 yr amount is to be shown here. Like my first-year tuition was 15k, so I showed 15k + 10k(GIC) + some additional funds in the bank (optional).

Thanks and all the best to you!!

• Love

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
1) Based on the form, I think they more focus on what the latest job/activity you do and less on the whole history. Then there are only 3 slots, just list the latest 3 jobs in 10 years you had. The rest of explanation go to SOP.
In case you only did 2 jobs then feel free to fill in the activity between.
2) and 3) same as above. Just write down the living fee and then the money you are having in total. Obviously, total should at least covers all the fees.
I have added the gaps and talked about that I was waiting for my employment visa and was spending time with family. So for the 3 jobs in total, there are 3 gaps as well which I have written down. I read at mcgill univ website that there should be no gaps in the timeline at all. so I have filled all the gaps.

sonson

Mar 2, 2021
I have added the gaps and talked about that I was waiting for my employment visa and was spending time with family. So for the 3 jobs in total, there are 3 gaps as well which I have written down. I read at mcgill univ website that there should be no gaps in the timeline at all. so I have filled all the gaps.
Yeah, it's up to you. If you have foreign work experience, be sure to address them in sop cause it may raise the concern that you come to Canada for same reason.
Good luck with your application.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Yeah, it's up to you. If you have foreign work experience, be sure to address them in sop cause it may raise the concern that you come to Canada for same reason.
Good luck with your application.
is it a good idea to attach the termination letter from the last job? currently, I am not working.

sonson

Mar 2, 2021
is it a good idea to attach the termination letter from the last job? currently, I am not working.
Did you try to search the forum. You may find similar case and tips. I'm not sure about your profile detail so it's just my personal opinion but:
- The reference letter from your old employer is better than termination letter
- However, they are both optional. instead, think of how will you use it to build your case. for example, is the past works related to your past/future education. Is it something from the work made you realize you need to go back to study... explain them in sop then attach the support documents.
- Unemployement is not that bad. If you used it to study, improve yourself, get certificate etc, just mention them in sop.

There are many factors for VO to check in an application, strong funds, strong ties to country, good travel history records in passport, past employement and study records, English skill... Optional documents are just the last past of it, to really show the personal reason you want to study, address any suspision in other document and forecast the future career that worth Canadian expensive-for-no-reason study.
That's all I can say.

Maheen Rahman

May 8, 2019
Did you try to search the forum. You may find similar case and tips. I'm not sure about your profile detail so it's just my personal opinion but:
- The reference letter from your old employer is better than termination letter
- However, they are both optional. instead, think of how will you use it to build your case. for example, is the past works related to your past/future education. Is it something from the work made you realize you need to go back to study... explain them in sop then attach the support documents.
- Unemployement is not that bad. If you used it to study, improve yourself, get certificate etc, just mention them in sop.

There are many factors for VO to check in an application, strong funds, strong ties to country, good travel history records in passport, past employement and study records, English skill... Optional documents are just the last past of it, to really show the personal reason you want to study, address any suspision in other document and forecast the future career that worth Canadian expensive-for-no-reason study.
That's all I can say.
Hey I have a similar situation here as I have never been employed and I have graduated University on Jan 2023 so in between that I have done my GMAT exams and applied to Universities so in these time between I just have not done anything so what shall I include in the Employment section of Current Occupation, thank you your help very much would be appreciated.