+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM0008 for CEC application - help please

tobeimmigrant143

Jan 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

Happy new Year!

I am new to this forum and I request your help in filling out my application for CEC. I have been working full time in Ontario for the past 2 years on a valid work permit. In the application form IMM0008, question 4 asks me to fill in the immigration office for processing the application. My issue is that I might not be in Canada for the next 1 to 1.5 years (but not sure) due to job related issues and I might go back to India which is my home country. If I choose an immigration office in Canada in my application form and if I leave Canada before my PR application is approved, would I be able to request CIC to change the immigration office from Canada to India? Or is it better for me to choose the office in India as my immigration office in the application form?

You response is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

grishan1

Sep 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2013
AOR Received.
Apr 12, 2013
Med's Request
Dec 7, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Dec 18, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 24, 2014
As far as I know, all CEC applications are considered in CPP-Ottawa

tobeimmigrant143

Jan 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks but I don't think that is accurate. Please see an abstract from the guide below.

Question 4
Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application

Indicate the name of the Immigration Office which serves:

your country of nationality, or
the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one (1) year.

Note: Do not select the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) as the immigration office requested to process your application. Although you may be required to submit your application to the CIO, you must indicate the name of an appropriate visa office using the criteria above.

grishan1

Sep 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2013
AOR Received.
Apr 12, 2013
Med's Request
Dec 7, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Dec 18, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 24, 2014
I put CPP-Ottawa in my application. While my application was considered, I was living in US. My citizenship is Russia.

I am sure, if right now you are in Canada, and you apply, but then leave to India, you still can have CPP-Ottawa as your visa office

kaanva

Star Member
Dec 14, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2012
AOR Received.
09-02-2013
Passport Req..
7 Dec 2013
VISA ISSUED...
3 Jan 2013
I have entered NewDelhi as Immigration Office, but that didn't have any relevance in process. All preceding requests came from CPP-Ottawa. As far as my experience goes it doesn't matter which Immigration office you enter unless you are asked to attend an Interview which is Very rare.
Good Luck

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
Put the immigration office according to those instructions. You will find however that all applications are processed at CPP-O.

tobeimmigrant143

Jan 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you all! My issue is, if I go back to India before I receive my PR and I am asked to attend an interview, it would be easy for me to attend the interview if I choose New Delhi as the immigration office.

Thanks!

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hi There,

If you are in Canada at the time of application choose CPP-O as the processing office. If you have to go back to India during the processing of your application, you should notify CIC about the change of address. And that in most cases does not affect processing timelines, as someone already mentioned in the thread all CEC processsing happens in Canada. A fried of mine applied in Canada, was in India when he recd the request for medical test and did the medicals while in India. He finally had the passport stamped while in the US and everything was smooth. As long as your application package has everything they need and you inform CIC about change in address/marital status/family status, everything else will take care of itself.

I do understand your confusion as i went through the same during my application.

Good luck