+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

imm0008 - date of establishing residency

wsidd

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Applying outland, living in Canada Family Class

On imm0008, Q.10 asks current country of residence. then asks status, then asks for the dates. is it asking when residency started or when current status started?

my spouse (PA) entered Canada in 2019. then in July 2021 he left Canada and came back in September 2021.

Do I put August 2018 in the "from" date or September 2021 instead?

Oct 17, 2021
Hey, did you ever get an answer on this? We are also planning to apply outland while living in Canada, and we are totally confused about what we are supposed to say is my spouse's address of residence. I mean, he's here on a visitor visa, but he doesn't have another home.

bumstar1

Mar 24, 2019
Hi Wsidd,

please I saw your posts on the forum and need your advice.

My spouse who is the PA is currently in Canada on a Visitor visa. We are looking to do spousal sponsorship and due to Outland being faster than inland these days, we are leaning towards doing an Outland application whilst he is here with his visit visa.
Just like you were, we are confused on what to put as current address. Do we put Canadian address or home address for him.
Your response and help would be greatly appreciated .

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hi Wsidd,

My spouse who is the PA is currently in Canada on a Visitor visa. We are looking to do spousal sponsorship and due to Outland being faster than inland these days, we are leaning towards doing an Outland application whilst he is here with his visit visa.
Just like you were, we are confused on what to put as current address. Do we put Canadian address or home address for him.
If PA is in Canada then for Question 10 you should put Canada and Visitor as status. For mailing address put the address you want to recieve communication to. For current residential address that would be where the PA lives now (Canadian address).

bumstar1

Mar 24, 2019
@DimT44 please is this from experience as some applications have been returned based on this same question.
I’ll like to know if you did same and your application went through without being returned

wsidd

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hey, did you ever get an answer on this? We are also planning to apply outland while living in Canada, and we are totally confused about what we are supposed to say is my spouse's address of residence. I mean, he's here on a visitor visa, but he doesn't have another home.
Sorry for very late reply. We put his original entry date.

wsidd

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hi Wsidd,

Hey, we put Canada as current address. We got aor on December 4.

Reactions: bumstar1

bumstar1

Mar 24, 2019
@wsidd Sorry Im back again with another question

There appears to be 3 spaces to put address

Current Address
Mailing Address
Residential Address

Please can you confirm the ones in which you put Canada please