+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5710 - PGWP

Jan 7, 2017
Hi there,

Currently I am a student visa holder applying for the Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP).
One of the form that I need to fill up is the IMM 5710. The third question is:

I am applying for one or more of the following:
*Apply for a work permit with the same employer
*Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer
*Restore my status as a worker
*Get a new temporary resident permit (for inadmissible applicants only)

The point is, I don think would be the first option once I am seeking for an Open Work Permit, I dont wanna be tied to one employer.
But I also don’t think it is the second option, because before being a student I was a work permit holder (working holiday visa), so this wont be the first time with a work permit.
Once I am student I am not seeking to restore my status as a worker, neither I am inadmissible applicant.

Which option should I choose?

Thanks for the help :)
Raquel

babyshamini14

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
Hi there,

Currently I am a student visa holder applying for the Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP).
One of the form that I need to fill up is the IMM 5710. The third question is:

I am applying for one or more of the following:
*Apply for a work permit with the same employer
*Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer
*Restore my status as a worker
*Get a new temporary resident permit (for inadmissible applicants only)

The point is, I don think would be the first option once I am seeking for an Open Work Permit, I dont wanna be tied to one employer.
But I also don’t think it is the second option, because before being a student I was a work permit holder (working holiday visa), so this wont be the first time with a work permit.
Once I am student I am not seeking to restore my status as a worker, neither I am inadmissible applicant.

Which option should I choose?

Thanks for the help :)
Raquel
Sorry, I filled with the help of YouTube video.

Jan 7, 2017
Sorry, I filled with the help of YouTube video.
Thank you so much for your response.
I have watched this video before my post, but it doesn’t match with my situation. It seems she is filling a form for a person who only has beying student. In my case, before being student I was a worker for 1 year. So that means, it wont be the first work permit.