+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5708 quick questions

Lysferg

Jul 19, 2020
question number 1 on “Coming to Canada”
Date and place of original entry to Canada. Do I put feb 16th if I went back to the United States and came back in the 20th or is it the very first time I ever can into Canada?

funds available for my stay. What do I put down if my husband is supporting me the whole time I’m here? Please get back to me soon applying right away

Last edited:

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
"I got here feb 20 and my 6 months is up on August 19. To I put that in the from-to section?"
Yes.

or is it the very first time I ever can into Canada?
Yes

"funds available for my stay. What do I put down if my husband is supporting the whole time I’m here?"
You put down the funds you have available for you stay. And should submit a bank statement to support it.

"also the indicate how long you plan to stay question? Do I put from when I fill out the paper Until my six months are up or when my 6 months is up to how long I want to extend my stay until?"
6 months starting the day after your current 6 months, i.e., August 20.

Lysferg

Jul 19, 2020
"I got here feb 20 and my 6 months is up on August 19. To I put that in the from-to section?"
Yes.

or is it the very first time I ever can into Canada?
Yes

"funds available for my stay. What do I put down if my husband is supporting the whole time I’m here?"
You put down the funds you have available for you stay. And should submit a bank statement to support it.

"also the indicate how long you plan to stay question? Do I put from when I fill out the paper Until my six months are up or when my 6 months is up to how long I want to extend my stay until?"
6 months starting the day after your current 6 months, i.e., August 20.
I’m still a bit confused on the money part. I do not work haven’t worked since I’ve been here,my husband is my supporter financially. Should I put his bank statement down or proof of his earning?

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
There will be an upload slot for proof of finances. If you have no savings or bank statement of your own you would upload your husband's bank statement. Since you are a married couple, your finances are one.

Jun 8, 2023
hi I am now processing my visitor record, I also have concern about uploading document on ircc site, I am trying to upload this imm 5708 document several times, but it always sees error please help . the date i came here in canada is lastyear december 24 and the the duration of 6 months is now june 23. please help

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
question number 1 on “Coming to Canada”
Date and place of original entry to Canada. Do I put feb 16th if I went back to the United States and came back in the 20th or is it the very first time I ever can into Canada?
Coming into Canada
Question 1
Provide the date and the place where you first entered in Canada

Question 2
  1. Indicate the purpose of your original visit:
    • Business
    • Tourism
    • Study
    • Work
    • Other (medical visit, transit, etc.)
  2. If you choose "Other" in question 1a), provide details.
Question 3
Provide the date and the place of your recent entry to Canada

The answer to Question 1 would seem to be the first time you ever entered Canada. Question 3 would be for your most recent entry.

Jun 8, 2023
Coming into Canada
Question 1
Provide the date and the place where you first entered in Canada

Question 2
  1. Indicate the purpose of your original visit:
    • Business
    • Tourism
    • Study
    • Work
    • Other (medical visit, transit, etc.)
  2. If you choose "Other" in question 1a), provide details.
Question 3

The answer to Question 1 would seem to be the first time you ever entered Canada. Question 3 would be for your most recent entry.

Jun 8, 2023

hi I am now processing my visitor record, I also have concern about uploading document on ircc site, I am trying to upload this imm 5708 document several times, but it always sees error please help . the date i came here in canada is lastyear december 24 and the the duration of 6 months is now june 23. please help

and also the question number 3 i leave this and put in a blank as i dont recently going anywhere. or should i put the final entry ? since my firat entry here in canada was montreal and the last one is edmonton .

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regarding the problem(s) uploading documents...it could simply be that there are still issues with their system ( a LOT of people having difficulties uploading docs).

Regarding Question 3...just follow the Instruction Guide.

Question 3
(which would appear to be Edmonton).

NEVER leave anything blank!

Jun 8, 2023
thank you very much for your quickly response,

1. date and place of your original entry to canada- montreal right?

and also
I checked and filled up the form and validated it. I also followed everything the help center said. but still not working. is it possible to upload imm 5708 with a different document name since it was successfully uploaded?

Jun 8, 2023
Regarding the problem(s) uploading documents...it could simply be that there are still issues with their system ( a LOT of people having difficulties uploading docs).

Regarding Question 3...just follow the Instruction Guide.

Question 3
(which would appear to be Edmonton).

NEVER leave anything blank!

2. indicate how long you plan to stay
2023-06-25 till 2023-12-23

i came here last dec24,2021 till june23 (6months)

and also
I checked and filled up the form and validated it. I also followed everything the help center said. but still not working. is it possible to upload imm 5708 with a different document name since it was successfully uploaded?

Jun 8, 2023

2. indicate how long you plan to stay
2023-06-25 till 2023-12-23

i came here last dec24,2021 till june23 (6months)

3. UCI - SHOULD I leave this blank if not should i put my husband ici number?

and also

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please don't send me a PM, when I'm already responding to your questions, here. Thank you.

Regarding the last PM that you sent, do NOT use your husband's UCI number. You will eventually get your own number.

Jun 8, 2023
oh sorry, but thank u for ur response..
btw i was thinking maybe it shows error because im not before 30 days applying my extention is that possible?

also is it possible to upload imm 5708 with a different document name since it was successfully uploaded?