+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5707 Family Information Form - signature question

robstark

Jul 28, 2015
Hello,

I am inviting my father for a temporary visit to Canada. He needs to submit IMM 5707 Family Information Form as part of his online application. The form has a signature box but it is not activated in PDF.

Question: should this form be printed, signed, scanned and uploaded? Or is it okay to upload it unsigned? I know that the whole application can be signed digitally but not sure if this particular form which is part of the application needs to be signed manually.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
There is some debate if it is only the main application form that doesn't need to be actually signed or all of the forms you submit, the way I see it print, sign, scan is the safest option but slightly more work.

Reactions: malimu

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Actually finding contradictory advice from different government twitter accounts. One says if you cant type you should print and sign another says its not necessary but not a problem if you do. So safest to print still.

Reactions: malimu

babsin02

Jun 3, 2019
LANDED..........
11-05-2023
Yes I did. There's no need to sign. A digital signature will we generated if you're filling it online.

Elmi85

Apr 16, 2019
You
Hello,

I am inviting my father for a temporary visit to Canada. He needs to submit IMM 5707 Family Information Form as part of his online application. The form has a signature box but it is not activated in PDF.

Question: should this form be printed, signed, scanned and uploaded? Or is it okay to upload it unsigned? I know that the whole application can be signed digitally but not sure if this particular form which is part of the application needs to be signed manually.
i have the same problem.how did u do it?

imdsumit

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
I am also in same situation, I am not able to open this form online on Chrome/Firefox/IE browsers.
When I try to download and fill, the signature fields are not editable. Using Acrobat Reader on my desktop to fill it after downloading.
Please help how to proceed ?

Reactions: ayaz_acca

malimu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Ottawa
Yes I did. There's no need to sign. A digital signature will we generated if you're filling it online.
What about imm 5475 5476 release information authority.. do we just fill the forms and upload as in the Family form there are two or 3 places to sign the form. How did u do then?

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Normally you download the form. Electronically fill up the form using Adobe or any editor. Leave the signature blank. Upload the form to the respective category it belongs to. Once you decide submit the final application, a pop window will ask for your digital signature. You just type your name and that's it.

malimu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Ottawa
Normally you download the form. Electronically fill up the form using Adobe or any editor. Leave the signature blank. Upload the form to the respective category it belongs to. Once you decide submit the final application, a pop window will ask for your digital signature. You just type your name and that's it.
the issue arises on IMM 5476 where it also requires signatures from the representative. so means that these forms must be downloaded then signed n scanned n uploaded as the authorized person is not the only one person who needs to sign. Feed back please as this is important issue

ayaz_acca

Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
19-11-2018
I am also in same situation, I am not able to open this form online on Chrome/Firefox/IE browsers.
When I try to download and fill, the signature fields are not editable. Using Acrobat Reader on my desktop to fill it after downloading.
Please help how to proceed ?
I had a same issue and spend around a day to figure out this one, please apply below settings to your chrome and firefox to get it work.

For Chrome:
-Go into Chrome Control Sidebar (3 dots)
-Settings
-Scroll to the bottom click on Advanced
-Under Privacy And Security - Click on "Site Settings"
- Scroll to PDF Documents
- Enable "Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome"

what you do next is not to open the file from the download bar on Chrome. Instead go to your download folder (or whichever folder you have saved your downloaded files to) right click and select open file from Adobe Reader.

For Firefox:

Configure Firefox
  1. In Firefox, choose Tools > Options.

2. In the Options dialog, click Applications.

3. In the Applications tab, type PDF in the search field.

4. For Portable Document Format (PDF) content type in the search result, select Use Adobe Acrobat (in Firefox) from the Action drop-down list.