+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5669 Schedule A, Background Check Validation Issues

tommy503

Jun 25, 2016
Hi,
I'm unable to validate document IMM5669, it requires me to fill in "Signature" and "Date" field. I'm planning to apply in paper form and sign and date documents before sending in.

Additional info: I have been able to successfully validate other immigration forms for common law visa, this is the only one that keeps giving me trouble.
I have tried the troubleshoot section from immigration canada using different versions of adobe reader etc.

Can I apply a tiny electronic signature in the corner or something, and then printing and singing in ink as planned?

THanks,
Tommy

Aelin

Mar 8, 2018
Can I apply a tiny electronic signature in the corner or something, and then printing and singing in ink as planned?
Here are the instructions listed as listed on the Document Checklist:

IMPORTANT: For this form to be accepted as part of a paper application, each person required to complete it must: a) type their name in the signature box at the bottom, b) validate the form, c) print out the validated form, and d) sign in writing (i.e. provide a handwritten signature) next to the typewritten name in the signature box.
So yes, type your name in the signature box, print it out, and sign it in ink next to the printed name :)

sudesingh

Apr 2, 2018
I'll just piggy back on this thread, since my query is related to the same form.

In the case of parent / grandparent sponsorship, this form is to be filled in by the principal applicant (i.e. the person being sponsored). Under section 3 - Personal details of your Parents - the form does not recognize a date less than 1900. This is the date of the parent of the principal applicant as I understand. The form accepts the date but cannot be validated.

Has anyone else the same issue. Any suggestions

Last edited:

Aelin

Mar 8, 2018
I'll just piggy back n this thread, since my query is related to the same form.

In the case of parent / grandparent sponsorship, this form is to be filled in by the principal applicant (i.e. the person being sponsored). Under section 3 - Personal details of your Parents - the form does not recognize a date less than 1900. This is the date of the parent of the principal applicant as I understand. The form accepts the date but cannot be validated.

Has anyone else the same issue. Any suggestions
You can try putting down the birth date as 1900/01/01 in order to validate the form, and then explain the correct date on a separate sheet.

Reactions: parteetkumar

parteetkumar

May 13, 2018
I am in a bit of problem. I am using same thread as my problem is similar. Please help....Need advice asap,,,,,

Q. Imm5669 Schedule A #5 educational background. If someone does not have any educational background what should i write? It does not let me validate IMM-5669 (2017 new one) without a date and won't accept ****. What should i do?