+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5569 - not enough space

margo2311

Jan 21, 2023
Hello everyone,

If you don't have enough space for this form what should you do?

The form says you can add a separate sheet but the instruction is not very detailed. Do you type an exact table in Word and convert to PDF? Then upload it to gckey along with the original form?

And on the separate sheet, do you start from the beginning, or could you fill in a bit - for example, 5 personal history activities under question 8 - personal history, on the last row put "Please see attached sheet for more details", then continue to fill in the rest on the separate sheet.

I am worried that if the presentation is not clear it will look bad.

Thank you everyone!

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Hello everyone,

If you don't have enough space for this form what should you do?

The form says you can add a separate sheet but the instruction is not very detailed. Do you type an exact table in Word and convert to PDF? Then upload it to gckey along with the original form?

And on the separate sheet, do you start from the beginning, or could you fill in a bit - for example, 5 personal history activities under question 8 - personal history, on the last row put "Please see attached sheet for more details", then continue to fill in the rest on the separate sheet.

I am worried that if the presentation is not clear it will look bad.

Thank you everyone!
Hello, In the section you are trying to fill you write "Please see attached sheet for more details" inside any space you have available in the original form. And at the end of the form (not in the middle) you attached the extra pages. Yes you can do it in word and then convert it to PDf and then attach them.
For the extra pages you can put:

YOUR NAME
IMM5669 Schedule A Background/Declaration (Continuation)

Question 7 – Education

THE TABLE WITH YOUR INFORMATION

Question 8 – Personal history

and so on. Remember to not leave time gaps in Personal history and Addresses, they will ask you to resubmit the document and inquire about that gap.

You only add the tables you didn't have space for in the original form, and put all the information here. Don't put some education information in the form and some here, It is better to be the whole table in one place.

If there is any piece of information that you need to explain further, you can also attach a "letter of explanation" at the end of the original form.
You just write your name, "Letter of explanation" and the reasons and to what form and section relates to. At the end make sure to also sign it. I have done both applications, one for me (on paper for the old system) and for the my wife (online) and both have worked.

Best of luck :)

margopolo2311

Nov 29, 2022
Hi LOLR1,

First of all I thank you very very much for the detailed answer!! I really appreciate this as I could not find any information anywhere.

So from what I understand, I can put "please see attached sheet for more details" in any space in the original form and leave it blank?. Then I would have to create and fill in the whole table in the extra pages? I just want to make sure as there was a case when the officer refuses application because section was left blank.

Thank you so much and I wish all the best for you!

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Hi LOLR1,

First of all I thank you very very much for the detailed answer!! I really appreciate this as I could not find any information anywhere.

So from what I understand, I can put "please see attached sheet for more details" in any space in the original form and leave it blank?. Then I would have to create and fill in the whole table in the extra pages? I just want to make sure as there was a case when the officer refuses application because section was left blank.

Thank you so much and I wish all the best for you!
No problem :). Yes, just put "please see attached sheet for more details" inside the original table you intend to rewrite in the extra pages, or " See attached sheet" if the space is even smaller, then you can leave the rest of that table empty and just rewrite and put all the information in the extra pages.

If there is a table in the original form that it is not relevant to you, let's say "Government positions" or "Military services". Just write "NONE" in the empty spaces. It doesn't have to be in the whole table, just in the "name of country or territory" box and then write "NONE" inside the table itself, like in at least a full row.

redempta

Dec 7, 2023
Hello, In the section you are trying to fill you write "Please see attached sheet for more details" inside any space you have available in the original form. And at the end of the form (not in the middle) you attached the extra pages. Yes you can do it in word and then convert it to PDf and then attach them.
For the extra pages you can put:

YOUR NAME
IMM5669 Schedule A Background/Declaration (Continuation)

Question 7 – Education

Question 8 – Personal history

and so on. Remember to not leave time gaps in Personal history and Addresses, they will ask you to resubmit the document and inquire about that gap.

You only add the tables you didn't have space for in the original form, and put all the information here. Don't put some education information in the form and some here, It is better to be the whole table in one place.

If there is any piece of information that you need to explain further, you can also attach a "letter of explanation" at the end of the original form.
You just write your name, "Letter of explanation" and the reasons and to what form and section relates to. At the end make sure to also sign it. I have done both applications, one for me (on paper for the old system) and for the my wife (online) and both have worked.

Best of luck :)
Hi! I hope this isn't too late to ask a question related to this.
Where exactly should I attach the extra sheet? It says "attach to this form" but I don't see how.
Because I can't merge the new sheet with the original form. Please kindly help. Thanks!

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Hi! I hope this isn't too late to ask a question related to this.
Where exactly should I attach the extra sheet? It says "attach to this form" but I don't see how.
Because I can't merge the new sheet with the original form. Please kindly help. Thanks!
Unless the system has changed, you could do this.
When i did mine I completed the form they gave you in the pdf, and then save it. Then using something like Microsoft Word I made a letter explaining the parts above, any extra history or context you need. Then you save that as a pdf file. Then you can merge both pdfs using a website like https://www.ilovepdf.com/merge_pdf
to merge both files, it is free. You checked that the result and you send that. If there anything there that needs to be signed, you print the merged file, sign everything, even the extra sheets that you put in there just in case, and then you scan it and you send that. Hope that helps.

Reactions: Haileybear