Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Hi everyone. On this form they ask a question “Are you living together now? (I put “No” as an answer) “ and if not, asking to give an explanation why not. I answered that during our relationship before we got married my husband (Canadian citizen) visited me X times in my home country and we lived together as a couple. Now I started thinking that maybe it was wrong that I put the wording “lived together” because my husband was not a resident of my country as he came as a tourist each visit and I should have put “stayed together” instead of “lived together”in my explanation plus in the tables where they ask sponsors resident addresses during the last 5 years he only put Canadian addresses as his residential addresses because my husband’s each visit to my country was no longer than for a month and a half and he was travelling to my country as a tourist that’s why we didn’t put any of those addresses. What I’m wondering about, can it be considered a serious mistake that I put that we used to live together in my country even though my husband was just visiting there even though we stayed at the same location for the whole time he was there and does it need to be corrected with CIC? Thanks.

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
I would have used the word "visited" because that's what he was doing when he was with you in your country. He still kept his Canadian residence, right?

I'm not sure how CIC will view the seeming discrepancy. What stage is your application at? Has it been submitted? Have you received your AOR1 (acknowledgement of receipt)?

Reactions: Ukrainian girl

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
I would have used the word "visited" because that's what he was doing when he was with you in your country. He still kept his Canadian residence, right?

I'm not sure how CIC will view the seeming discrepancy. What stage is your application at? Has it been submitted? Have you received your AOR1 (acknowledgement of receipt)?
I signed the documents and they are still on it way to my husband so he can sign them too. We haven't submitted our application to CIC yet...Would it be ok to use white out (when the package arrives to my husband) and write the word "visited" instead of "lived" by hand? What do you think?

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
I signed the documents and they are still on it way to my husband so he can sign them too. We haven't submitted our application to CIC yet...Would it be ok to use white out (when the package arrives to my husband) and write the word "visited" instead of "lived" by hand? What do you think?
I don't see a problem using white out.
However, if the page you need to correct is page 4 of 7 on that form (right?) then he could transcribe your answers and type the correction and print and exchange just that page since your signature is not on that page and it's not one of those barcode forms. Make sense?

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
However, if the page you need to correct is page 4 of 7 on that form (right?) then he could transcribe your answers and type the correction and print and exchange just that page since your signature is not on that page and it's not one of those barcode forms. Make sense?
Thank you very much! It’s an awesome idea and I will just ask my husband to re-print that form and just change a page number 4 in that form. It’s a great idea and thank you for your input! I feel better now because I started thinking that the information that I initially put wasn’t really correct as my husband didn’t reside in my country and “living somewhere”obviously means residing so sure it would be better to correct it!

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
Before submitting, read, re-read everything, every question, every form. Have your husband have someone who hasn't been staring at these forms over and over read them to make sure little details like you discovered are uncovered. If something doesn't make sense to that person, then it might not make sense to the immigration officer. Also double check everything on the checklist. Good luck :)

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Thank you! That’s true that it’s easy to overread something even though I already checked these forms for so many times but just discovered this mistake when the papers were already on it way to my husband. I will definitely ask my husband to get somebody to proof read everything too and to look at them with “fresh eyes”. Thank you for your input and for a great idea, it’s really appreciated and good luck with your application too!

Reactions: jordo

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Ok my husband just tried printing the form out and it turned out that my paper size (A4) was different than Canadian so I’m wondering what would be better to do, use white out on my form or include pages that he printed out but they are different size....

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone. On this form they ask a question “Are you living together now? (I put “No” as an answer) “ and if not, asking to give an explanation why not. I answered that during our relationship before we got married my husband (Canadian citizen) visited me X times in my home country and we lived together as a couple. Now I started thinking that maybe it was wrong that I put the wording “lived together” because my husband was not a resident of my country as he came as a tourist each visit and I should have put “stayed together” instead of “lived together”in my explanation plus in the tables where they ask sponsors resident addresses during the last 5 years he only put Canadian addresses as his residential addresses because my husband’s each visit to my country was no longer than for a month and a half and he was travelling to my country as a tourist that’s why we didn’t put any of those addresses. What I’m wondering about, can it be considered a serious mistake that I put that we used to live together in my country even though my husband was just visiting there even though we stayed at the same location for the whole time he was there and does it need to be corrected with CIC? Thanks.
Hi

There is nothing wrong with what you wrote and you are WAY overthinking it.

Reactions: Ukrainian girl

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
If the one page was slightly different than the others, I don't see a problem. However, he could take it to a print shop like Staples to print on A4 size paper.
Thank you!

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Hi

There is nothing wrong with what you wrote and you are WAY overthinking it.
Thank you for reassurance! I know it’s impossible to have an absolutely flawless application no matter how many times you re-read everything and hope they understand it too...