+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5532 : Part C, question 4; Spouse sponsorship; Family class

dri@Canada

Apr 10, 2021
Hi, I need some clarification regarding IMM 5532 part C question 4
If you are not living together, have you visited each other during your relationship?

here's my story: I received my PR in 2019. I visited Canada and returned to my home country the same month.
I stayed there until December 2020 and came back to canada in January 2021 to start my actual residency.
I got married in December 2020. my wife and I have known each other for more than 3 years and we stayed in same city so we met each other every week.

the question asks, have you visited each other during your relationship?
we certainly did before I moved to Canada 3 months ago. But we haven't visited each other in last three months.
I am confused whether I should answer this question a Yes or No;
Should I answer Yes and share details of some of our meetings before I moved to Canada in January or should I answer No as I have not visited my spouse in last 3 months since I moved to Canada.

the checklist asks for proof of sponsor's visit airline tickets, boarding passes, passport entry exit stamps, so I suppose the answer is No.
Please let me know what you think.

singh_b

Mar 19, 2017
Hi, I need some clarification regarding IMM 5532 part C question 4
If you are not living together, have you visited each other during your relationship?

here's my story: I received my PR in 2019. I visited Canada and returned to my home country the same month.
I stayed there until December 2020 and came back to canada in January 2021 to start my actual residency.
I got married in December 2020. my wife and I have known each other for more than 3 years and we stayed in same city so we met each other every week.

the question asks, have you visited each other during your relationship?
we certainly did before I moved to Canada 3 months ago. But we haven't visited each other in last three months.
I am confused whether I should answer this question a Yes or No;
Should I answer Yes and share details of some of our meetings before I moved to Canada in January or should I answer No as I have not visited my spouse in last 3 months since I moved to Canada.

the checklist asks for proof of sponsor's visit airline tickets, boarding passes, passport entry exit stamps, so I suppose the answer is No.
Please let me know what you think.
I would suggest no as you didn’t visit her from another country. When you say no, they ask for details of selecting no. You can put the information there that you guys used to meet each other and also reasons for it that why were you not staying together.