+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5532 currently living together or not (Outland Italy)

marnot

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Hi everybody, I need your wise advice.

I am doing all the papers and about to complete my application package. I have lived for 1 year straight with my boyfriend and I can provide all the proofs required (rental agreement, joint bank account, tax forms, insurance)

After the completion of the 12 months I came back to my home country and we decided to apply outland even if apart from each other (my boyfriend is Canadian and works in Canada).

It is obvious to me that I have to check NO to the question “are you and your common law currently live together?” (right?) and provide the documents they ask such as “proof of contact”.

Are printed whatsapp screenshots ok? And of course few emails we have exchanged and proof of video calls?

What else can I provide to prove our relationship is ongoing? We are working on our papers and we have been apart for 3 months now.

Thank you very much!

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
You will likely want to include a letter of explanation explaining why you are currently living apart as well. It's OK for common-law couples to live apart once you have established common-law, as long as the relationship is ongoing - but IRCC places more scrutiny on common-law couples, so they'll want to know why.

Reactions: marnot

marnot

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Thanks for answering. I think is ok to be apart too, otherwise there wont be that option. As of another country I think there are many reasons to go back to your homecountry even simply for a series of medical checks or for money related reasons. That should in no way diminish the authenticity of a relationship (in my opinion).