Med's Done....
12-07-2013
Passport Req..
15-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2013
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Hi, just about read to submit my permanent residency application (family class) My wife is Canadian, i'm Swedish. Question 20 asks for proof that we intend to live in Canada once the application is completed and approved, my question is what i would put here.

We currently live outside Canada, both working Hong Kong, but we plan to move to Canada once the application is done, and one of us have landed a job there. In the IMM 1344 there was a question similar to question 20 in this form, and there we put that even though we now live outside Canada, we plan to move back to Canada in the near future. We both live together here now, and once all is ready we plan to start actively looking for jobs in Canada, and once one of us gets an offer, we will move together.

Should i just check the box in Question 20, and write a few lines on a separate piece of paper to tell our plans? would this be ok? I am already attaching a small letter to IMM 5491, showing that my wife doesn't work in Canada, hence why we don't supply the Option-C printout etc, thinking about putting this information there right after it......

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
browntrout said:
Hi, just about read to submit my permanent residency application (family class) My wife is Canadian, i'm Swedish. Question 20 asks for proof that we intend to live in Canada once the application is completed and approved, my question is what i would put here.

We currently live outside Canada, both working Hong Kong, but we plan to move to Canada once the application is done, and one of us have landed a job there. In the IMM 1344 there was a question similar to question 20 in this form, and there we put that even though we now live outside Canada, we plan to move back to Canada in the near future. We both live together here now, and once all is ready we plan to start actively looking for jobs in Canada, and once one of us gets an offer, we will move together.

Should i just check the box in Question 20, and write a few lines on a separate piece of paper to tell our plans? would this be ok? I am already attaching a small letter to IMM 5491, showing that my wife doesn't work in Canada, hence why we don't supply the Option-C printout etc, thinking about putting this information there right after it......
It would strengthen your case if you added some more detail to your separate piece of paper. Say why you want to move from Hong Kong, what ties you have in Canada, where and how you intend to live, what inquiries you have made about the availability of jobs in your area of work etc.. A simple assertion that you intend to move to Canada once one of you finds a job is a bit thin.
I am not sure about the Option C printout. My Canadian sponsor has lived outside Canada for over 50 years and so there was not much point in applying for a printout. We supplied an UK revenue income assessment instead and no issue was raised about that or the absence of an Option C printout and sponsorship was granted without any question about its absence being raised. There have however been some messages on this site recently suggesting that even if the sponsor has not worked in Canada for several years a request for an Option C printout should nevertheless be made. So it sounds to me as if applying for it might be a good idea but if you decide not to send it, some official document showing your wife's income (if any) in Hong Kong would be better than nothing.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
a) Write a detailed plan of your intentions once you return to Canada. If you have anyone in Canada that knows about your plans or is intending to support your return with accommodation etc, get a letter from them stating this.

b) Option C is not required/available if the sponsor is not a Canadian tax-resident. Use whatever best alternative you can find for your location. In the UK a P60 will do, based on the fact that ours was accepted.

browntrout

Apr 20, 2013
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong S.A.R
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-10-2013
File Transfer...
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013
Passport Req..
15-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2013
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
zardoz said:
a) Write a detailed plan of your intentions once you return to Canada. If you have anyone in Canada that knows about your plans or is intending to support your return with accommodation etc, get a letter from them stating this.

b) Option C is not required/available if the sponsor is not a Canadian tax-resident. Use whatever best alternative you can find for your location. In the UK a P60 will do, based on the fact that ours was accepted.
thank you that makes lots of sense. We do have a plan actually, and we are actually working here now in a similar job field we would do in Canada, makes total sense to mention this and be honest about it.