+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Imm 5490 questions 15 & 17

Bangchu

Oct 4, 2016
Im confusing with this 2 questions.
15. Was there a formal ceremony to recognize the marrige? Should i put the date when i received my marriage certificate? I got marry in Vietnam and the province where i register for Marriage requires both parents to be there and no one else when they give out the marrige certificate, so both Our parent was there when we go get our certificate?we did take some pictures we wearing ring for each other and picturea with boths parent and pictures the guy giving us our marriage certificate and saying we now officially husband and wife.

We have reception where we have around 350+ guest. So what date should i talk about

17. Was your marriage arranged? We both want to get marry by ourself, we talk to our parent and let them choose the date. So what should i answer here yes or no for arranged?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Bangchu said:
Im confusing with this 2 questions.
15. Was there a formal ceremony to recognize the marrige? Should i put the date when i received my marriage certificate? I got marry in Vietnam and the province where i register for Marriage requires both parents to be there and no one else when they give out the marrige certificate, so both Our parent was there when we go get our certificate?we did take some pictures we wearing ring for each other and picturea with boths parent and pictures the guy giving us our marriage certificate and saying we now officially husband and wife.

We have reception where we have around 350+ guest. So what date should i talk about

17. Was your marriage arranged? We both want to get marry by ourself, we talk to our parent and let them choose the date. So what should i answer here yes or no for arranged?
#15: use the date that you were declared husband and wife.

#17: no that's not an arranged marriage. You made the choice yourself.

Bangchu

Oct 4, 2016

Another Question, so on my Marry Certificate the date is September 22/2016 and the date they give out the Marry certificate to us and declared husband and wife is September 23 2016. and the Reception October 3 2016. So which date i use?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Bangchu said:

Another Question, so on my Marry Certificate the date is September 22/2016 and the date they give out the Marry certificate to us and declared husband and wife is September 23 2016. and the Reception October 3 2016. So which date i use?
I think it's splitting hairs over a few days. If it was me, I would state the date that the officiant said you are man and wife.