+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5490 needed if applying inland?

ultrablue

Mar 18, 2017
I know it says on the form that 5490 should be filled out if the sponsored person is living outside of Canada (we're applying inland), but on the sponsor checklist, it lists this form without the "if applicable" part which makes me wonder if we do need to fill it out... I know I'm probably overthinking but I just want to make sure everything I need is included! Can anyone shed some light on this? Thank you in advance!

viva-c

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Toronto, ON
I know it says on the form that 5490 should be filled out if the sponsored person is living outside of Canada (we're applying inland), but on the sponsor checklist, it lists this form without the "if applicable" part which makes me wonder if we do need to fill it out... I know I'm probably overthinking but I just want to make sure everything I need is included! Can anyone shed some light on this? Thank you in advance!
I'm wondering if you are using the correct checklist. When I pull up the checklist on the CIC site, that form is not listed.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5533E.pdf

Make sure you're using this page to find the forms and checklists that apply to you:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

ultrablue

Mar 18, 2017
That is really strange, thanks for bringing that to my attention. I have IMM 5491 which is the document checklist for the sponsor (which includes the request for IMM 5490), but that form doesn't show up on the checklist either. I'm wondering how I ended up with it.

viva-c

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Toronto, ON
That is really strange, thanks for bringing that to my attention. I have IMM 5491 which is the document checklist for the sponsor (which includes the request for IMM 5490), but that form doesn't show up on the checklist either. I'm wondering how I ended up with it.
I think you may be using the old application package, which is no longer valid as of January... you may want to purge everything you have and start fresh with that link I posted (the second link)!