+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5475 Request even though I have no representative? AOR Feb 2017

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I just got a request to upload the IMM 5475. The form looks straightforward enough, but I have a couple of questions

1. What's the "Name of Office where application was submitted" -> Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada?

2. Why did I get this form? I filled out the application myself, didn't use a lawyer or any representative. I did have my wife listed as a Designated Individual, so is this form merely a way to double check that?

3. Is this a standard request that many people get, or is this unusual? I searched the forum and only found a few responses.

rohitkadam

Feb 13, 2017
Hello,

I also got the same request from IRCC today, form looks straightforward but what if I dont want to provide authority to anybody ? Since they are requesting this form in 7 days, so I am anyway porviding authority to my wife, however my wife is also in the application is this a problem ?

It asks for my signature and then spouse signature if applicable, spouse signature will not make sense because i am providing authority to my spouse only. this is confusing.

For Name of Office where application was submitted: I am saying IRCC because I submitted it online.

Has anybody filled this form as before or received such request ?

skantzidis

Aug 8, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also got a request for this form today, even though I have not used a representative.
Were you able to find out why you received this request, and what you did?

I specified my partner in my EE pack as someone who can enquire about the status of my application. Would this relate to that? One would think that the letter would specify this...

Appreciate any responses.

igenena

May 15, 2016
Category........
FSW
I also got a request for this form today, even though I have not used a representative.
Were you able to find out why you received this request, and what you did?

I specified my partner in my EE pack as someone who can enquire about the status of my application. Would this relate to that? One would think that the letter would specify this...

Appreciate any responses.
I guess yes, now the the question is, what if i dont want to do that anymore? cuz originally i thought it provides someone access as well as myself, but apparently all correspondences will be with that delegate only if you send this form.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I filled out the form and submitted it, with my wife designated as the representative. No big deal, and we got our PR approved, so it all worked out in the end.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I guess yes, now the the question is, what if i dont want to do that anymore? cuz originally i thought it provides someone access as well as myself, but apparently all correspondences will be with that delegate only if you send this form.
And no, the correspondence isn't with the delegate. You're just authorizing them to access your file if needed. The delegate form is a different one (or there's a checkbox on this form, I can't remember right now)

Reactions: igenena

varshag

Jul 7, 2017
I filled out the form and submitted it, with my wife designated as the representative. No big deal, and we got our PR approved, so it all worked out in the end.
Hi,
I am facing similar issues. Got a request to submit IMM 5475 Authority to release personal information to a designated individual form. In the application my husband has filled my name as a representative. So do we need to fill my details as a designated individual? It would be great if you can throw some light on it.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi,
I am facing similar issues. Got a request to submit IMM 5475 Authority to release personal information to a designated individual form. In the application my husband has filled my name as a representative. So do we need to fill my details as a designated individual? It would be great if you can throw some light on it.
Yes, that's what I did. My wife was designated as the representative.

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
I don't quite remember if I specified my sister or her husband as the designated individual when I filled out the e-APR. However, when I uploaded the form, I specified my brother-in-law.

Will this be a issue if this is different from what's mentioned in the e-APR?

Thanks in advance for any replies

abhishekasu

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
I received a form 5476 request yesterday. I mentioned my spouse name as representative and later removed her name in eAPR. So was wondering why I got the request.
Later I called up CIC call center and spoke to a representative. He confirmed that there is no representative on file and if I do not wish to add anyone, I just write an brief explanation on plain paper and upload the same instead of IMM 5476 form.
So that is what I am doing now.

Any other suggestion?

marcusvfm2

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Montréal, QC
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07/12/2017
AOR Received.
09/03/2017
Med's Done....
08/01/2017
I'm in the same scenario. Got the request, will probably put it under my spouse's name... but this is curious!

Meeree

Oct 4, 2017
Hi 21Goose,
Congrats on your PR. Some questions regarding this, will appreciate a reply. I had mentioned my wife in the person that can obtain status info from CIC, while filling the eAPR:
  • What did you put in the section "Name of Office" and "Location", as I am assuming you applied online
  • If you put your spouse as the representative, did you also have your spouse sign the form?
  • I assume the form needs to be printed, filled, signed and uploaded. Where was the form uploaded?
Thanks in advance.
-Meeree

kumapathy

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
@Hero Member
I just got a request to upload the IMM 5475. The form looks straightforward enough, but I have a couple of questions

1. What's the "Name of Office where application was submitted" -> Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada?

2. Why did I get this form? I filled out the application myself, didn't use a lawyer or any representative. I did have my wife listed as a Designated Individual, so is this form merely a way to double check that?

3. Is this a standard request that many people get, or is this unusual? I searched the forum and only found a few responses.

Hey Even I got to fill this form ,

Can you guide me what should i fill in
"Name of Office where application was submitted and Location ???

Also , my husband is the primary applicant , I dependent ,

Can i put my details in designated individual ???
or can he put his own details as designated individual ?

Please reply