+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5451 for Never Received PR Card Renewals?

JJN

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Hi folk.

I'm irritated with how long things have been taking. My partner and I applied for a PR card renewal in May 2021 and final got approved in May 2022. We got the email and in the portal, it was mentioned that the card would arrive in 6 weeks. Both myself and my partner's applications are in the same bucket as we applied at the same time in the same envelope.

It's now been 8 week and we have to leave the country again soon, meaning we'll probably have to apply for my second PRTD (as we had to leave before too).

I wanted to know if we should use the IMM 5451 (Solemn Declaration) form or does this apply to just cards never received from first time PR card applications? Is it the same form for renewals? I found this some info online which confused me and wanted to be sure.

Thanks!

Last edited:

vick2307

Jul 29, 2016
Hi folk.

I'm irritated with how long things have been taking. My partner and I applied for a PR card renewal in May 2021 and final got approved in May 2022. We got the email and in the portal, it was mentioned that the card would arrive in 6 weeks. Both myself and my partner's applications are in the same bucket as we applied at the same time in the same envelope.

It's now been 8 week and we have to leave the country again soon, meaning we'll probably have to apply for my second PRTD (as we had to leave before too).

I wanted to know if we should use the IMM 5451 (Solemn Declaration) form or does this apply to just cards never received from first time PR card applications? Is it the same form for renewals? I found this some info online which confused me and wanted to be sure.

Thanks!
Hi

I am dealing with same situation! Application was received in November 2021 and decision was made in April 2022 but never received our renewal card. I am thinking of sending Solemn Declaration

Any luck for you ? Not able to get through their phone lines either. What can you suggest me. We need to travel end of August

JJN

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Hi

I am dealing with same situation! Application was received in November 2021 and decision was made in April 2022 but never received our renewal card. I am thinking of sending Solemn Declaration

Any luck for you ? Not able to get through their phone lines either. What can you suggest me. We need to travel end of August
No luck just yet. I'm sending off the IMM-5451 this morning. I'm guessing it'll be weeks/months before I hear back, and by then, I'll have left the country! :(

BlueJays2017

Jan 11, 2017
My wife is dealing with a similar situation with PR card renewal. She applied in the first week of Oct 2022, and has been waiting for even an update on the online Portal. She applied online.

Her parents are unwell and she wanted to go visit them back home. She estimate while putting up her application that she would receive the renewed PR card in the last 2 weeks of Dec as it would bee roughly around 85-90 days since the application, but as she has not received even an update until now.

I was wondering if you guys were able to receive the renewed PR cards? @JJN @vick2307

JJN

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
My wife is dealing with a similar situation with PR card renewal. She applied in the first week of Oct 2022, and has been waiting for even an update on the online Portal. She applied online.

Her parents are unwell and she wanted to go visit them back home. She estimate while putting up her application that she would receive the renewed PR card in the last 2 weeks of Dec as it would bee roughly around 85-90 days since the application, but as she has not received even an update until now.

I was wondering if you guys were able to receive the renewed PR cards? @JJN @vick2307
Hi. We eventually got them. It took a long time but eventually they came. If you can call them, they give you an idea of where they are in the backlog.

BlueJays2017

Jan 11, 2017
Thanks @JJN. By any chance, you know on what number should I reach out to them? The status site says it should only take 65 days to get the PR card renewed, where, it's been 150 days we have applied for the renewal.