+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5409

RODJIM

May 3, 2011
Hello all,

I have a question for a common-law partner i live with she 6 months ago and we dont have any document to support, how i fill out the form IMM 5409?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If you've lived with her for only 6 months then you can't be considered common law yet.

RODJIM said:
Hello all,

I have a question for a common-law partner i live with she 6 months ago and we dont have any document to support, how i fill out the form IMM 5409?

DTdude

Sep 3, 2019
May I know if this form needs to fill in if I'm sponsoring my common law partner?

There's section called solemn declaration, is this section mandatory?
It asks for details of the person who administered the declaration? Who and where is this person?
Also, do I need to declare our common-law union under Canadian income tax act for the application to be successful?

Thank you all for your help as always!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
May I know if this form needs to fill in if I'm sponsoring my common law partner?

There's section called solemn declaration, is this section mandatory?
It asks for details of the person who administered the declaration? Who and where is this person?
Also, do I need to declare our common-law union under Canadian income tax act for the application to be successful?

Thank you all for your help as always!
Have you read the checklist?

DTdude

Sep 3, 2019
Oh yes, it does list this document as one of the required documents but from the forum here, it says it may not be required, hence the question.

The instruction says “If your spouse or common-law partner is co-signing a CIC sponsorship application, s/he must fill out a Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union IMM 5409 form.” I am the sponsor myself and do not need any co-signer so I doubt this form is required for me?

however, some people on this forum says it’s nice to have as it serves as extra proof that we are indeed common law partners. Whilst this sounds good, some parts seem hard to fill in like the declaration part.

hope that clarifies. Thanks!