+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5409 - Declaration of Common Law Union Question

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
Hi all...So I have a question that baffles me a bit...

Although the IMM 5409 is not required if our application does not have a co-signer, is it still fine if we provide this declaration under sponsor's supporting documents (civil status documents)?

I don't want to get into issues if I provide this, but I thought it would be nice additional proof for our common law relationship? Our application is fairly straight forward, it is just me (the applicant) and my sponsor (Canadian citizen) who is my common law partner. We are applying from outside of Canada

May 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
30-07-2018
File Transfer...
29-08-2018
Med's Request
20-08-2018
Med's Done....
05-09-2018
Passport Req..
15-10-2018
Hi all...So I have a question that baffles me a bit...

Although the IMM 5409 is not required if our application does not have a co-signer, is it still fine if we provide this declaration under sponsor's supporting documents (civil status documents)?

I don't want to get into issues if I provide this, but I thought it would be nice additional proof for our common law relationship? Our application is fairly straight forward, it is just me (the applicant) and my sponsor (Canadian citizen) who is my common law partner. We are applying from outside of Canada
Yes, I’d recommend doing this. I included it in my application and my application was just transferred to Mississauga even though I’m not from a visa exempt country. I’m not sure to what extent adding the statutory declaration helped, but it certainly is a “legal” proof of your partnership.

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
Yes, I’d recommend doing this. I included it in my application and my application was just transferred to Mississauga even though I’m not from a visa exempt country. I’m not sure to what extent adding the statutory declaration helped, but it certainly is a “legal” proof of your partnership.
Thank you PB&J, I was worried it might cause issues so I just put in a note that it should be ignored if not needed. Would not want them to think we have a co-signer.

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
I like your signature, can you maybe PM me how you did it? I'm sending in our application next week and would also like to track it and maybe be able to assist people in the future :)

May 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
30-07-2018
File Transfer...
29-08-2018
Med's Request
20-08-2018
Med's Done....
05-09-2018
Passport Req..
15-10-2018
I like your signature, can you maybe PM me how you did it? I'm sending in our application next week and would also like to track it and maybe be able to assist people in the future :)
You’re welcome :) just go to the following website, create a free account, add your application so you can keep track of it, and then there’s somewhere on the immitracker website where you can copy a link to put the information on the tracker as your signature here (here you have to go to “my account” I believe to paste the link under signature)

https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-spousal-sponsorship-tracker

Reactions: ruanp28

Koobee2a

Star Member
May 31, 2018
You’re welcome :) just go to the following website, create a free account, add your application so you can keep track of it, and then there’s somewhere on the immitracker website where you can copy a link to put the information on the tracker as your signature here (here you have to go to “my account” I believe to paste the link under signature)

https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-spousal-sponsorship-tracker
I know I have this question in one thread, I didn't get a reply though. Please did u use one checklist for applicant and sponsor and just filled the required section for both?