+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5406 additional family information, birth certificate request

roger01

Aug 1, 2017
Hi, everyone!

I applied for FSW in August. Passed medical exams. After 25 days, today, I received an email from CIC. I was requested to submit my birth certificate and IMM 5406 to them within one week.

The letter says "We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:"

Is that a good sign or I should worry?

Has anyone else been in the same situation?

Thank you for help and support

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
Hi, everyone!

I applied for FSW in August. Passed medical exams. After 25 days, today, I received an email from CIC. I was requested to submit my birth certificate and IMM 5406 to them within one week.

The letter says "We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:"

100% positive
you are cruising man

sammrat

Sep 6, 2015
Hi Roger, same here. I submitted my application on June 30, medicals passed on July 20th. I received a request for submitting the additional family information form on August 12th within 7 days. I did submit the form within 7 days.

Just wanted to know how long before getting a PPR request.?

roger01

Aug 1, 2017
Hi Roger, same here. I submitted my application on June 30, medicals passed on July 20th. I received a request for submitting the additional family information form on August 12th within 7 days. I did submit the form within 7 days.

Hi, Sammrat.

No idea. My lawyer told me it should speed things up, but according to your situation, it actually did not.

Have they requested any other documents from you since then? Called your employer, etc?

magesh1988

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Canada
Category........
Hi, everyone!

I had recieved the same alert and i submitted the same day they requested.very next day i had recieved an email to submit the passport.
So, expect your passport request any time soon.

magesh1988

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Canada
Category........

I have recieved one day before the PPR , it differs in profiles .so dont compare with anyone if so you will get unnecessary stress.

monicajumani

Sep 12, 2017
Hi, everyone!

Hi Roger,

I've got the same ADR. Could you please share your current status? Should i be worried?
Also my birth certificate is in Hindi. And I have no idea why birth certificate is requested!
I already had an ADR for travel history 15 days ago.

Please share your experience.

Thanks in advance,
Monica

Last edited:

roger01

Aug 1, 2017
Hi Roger,

I've got the same ADR. Could you please share your current status? Should I be worried?
Also, my birth certificate is in Hindi. And I have no idea why the birth certificate is requested!
I already had an ADR for travel history 15 days ago.

Please share your experience.

Thanks in advance,
Monica
Hi, Monica. No news as of yet. I have submitted it the same day they requested. No status change. I am a little bit worried too because I do not have children and why they needed my birth certificate...
Did you background status change in your express entry profile since then? Mine did not.

monicajumani

Sep 12, 2017
Hi, Monica. No news as of yet. I have submitted it the same day they requested. No status change. I am a little bit worried too because I do not have children and why they needed my birth certificate...
Did you background status change in your express entry profile since then? Mine did not.
My status did change to NA after the first ADR that I submitted. It took about 12 days for the status to change. This is my second ADR and I havent uploaded this yet.

Good Luck for your application. Hope it all goes smooth.
Please do share the updates as you receive :)

Thanks,
Monica

sammrat

Sep 6, 2015
Hi, Sammrat.

No idea. My lawyer told me it should speed things up, but according to your situation, it actually did not.

Have they requested any other documents from you since then? Called your employer, etc?
No they have not requested for any further documents from me. It been almost 60 days that I submitted and in IP 2 stage.

Roshan

Star Member
May 5, 2013
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-11-2017
AOR Received.
23-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
Guys, regarding IMM 5406, the present address section is too small to enter a complete address. Whats the solution?

d.jay55

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Hi Sammrat, is there any update on your application now after submitting additional family information form in August? Did you get a request to submit your passport?

d.jay55

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Roger, is there any update on your application now after submitting additional family information form in September? Did you get a request to submit your passport?