+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5332 Part A Q6 , Part C Q3 - Residence and living together

anonymous1111

Apr 13, 2024
Hi,
I am a Canadian PR (sponsor) and I live permanently in Canada. My spouse (principal applicant) resides permanently in India.
I came to India to get married in December 2023, got married in Feb 2024 and have been currently living together since. I am travelling back to Canada in May 2024. Since we are filing the application now (before my trip back to Canada), how do I respond to the following questions?

Part A Q6 Residence in Canada
Do you live in Canada now?

I mean I have my place in Canada on rent and I am working for a Canadian company remotely from India. So I have an address in Canada. However, objectively the response to this question would be "No" as at the time of submitting the application I would not be in Canada even though I will be there in just 2 weeks. I am concerned if answering No to this question have any impact on the Spousal application.

Part C Q3 Are you living together now?
Since at the time of submitting this application, we will be living together, how should I response to this question? Can I say Yes and then provide explanation that currently we live together but will not be living together after this certain date?

Please any help and guidance to these questions would be a HUGE help!
Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I am a Canadian PR (sponsor) and I live permanently in Canada. My spouse (principal applicant) resides permanently in India.
I came to India to get married in December 2023, got married in Feb 2024 and have been currently living together since. I am travelling back to Canada in May 2024. Since we are filing the application now (before my trip back to Canada), how do I respond to the following questions?

Part A Q6 Residence in Canada
Do you live in Canada now?

I mean I have my place in Canada on rent and I am working for a Canadian company remotely from India. So I have an address in Canada. However, objectively the response to this question would be "No" as at the time of submitting the application I would not be in Canada even though I will be there in just 2 weeks. I am concerned if answering No to this question have any impact on the Spousal application.

Part C Q3 Are you living together now?
Since at the time of submitting this application, we will be living together, how should I response to this question? Can I say Yes and then provide explanation that currently we live together but will not be living together after this certain date?

Please any help and guidance to these questions would be a HUGE help!
Thanks!
You cannot submit the application from outside of Canada. Since you are a PR, it is mandatory that you wait until you have moved back to Canada before you submit your application. You have to wait until May to submit the application. Submitting from outside of Canada will lead to refusal.

Reactions: YVR123

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/eligibility.html#
This website says that if you are a PR living outside of Canada.
I live in Canada, I am only travelling to India temporarily. I still have a house, job, bank accounts and other ties in Canada.
Still I cannot apply?
According to your post, you have been in India since Dec 2023. That's not a "trip". That's temporary living there for 4 months. Your ties would have been good to show your intend to return if you are a citizen. For a PR, you need to apply while living in Canada.

I came to India to get married in December 2023, got married in Feb 2024 and have been currently living together since. I