Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
Quick question that I can't seem to find an answer to on the CIC site, but maybe someone here will have some experience? I'm getting ready to send in my common-law sponsorship application this week, and just making sure I have everything together and in the correct order. So on IMM 5285, question 8 asks if either of us is pregnant, and I (the sponsored partner) am. I have the letter from my doctor confirming the expected date of birth, but does anyone know whether I need to send the original letter or if a copy is sufficient? I'm just paranoid about sending originals unless specifically instructed to do so, just in case something happens to them.

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
First, Congrats on the pregnancy!

Second, is there anyway you can get a certified copy? I did that for most of the documents I sent in as I wanted to keep the originals in my personal files. I just went to the local town hall and got it done. I had about 10 papers, and it was $35.00.

Someone else will probably reply as to whether or not it has to be the original, but I would think being a doctors note they would want the "hard copy" so to speak or a certified copy of it.

Take Care
MadeInCanada

Teni

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Hi guys finally got my visa,,,appr8t all ur advise during my sad moments, thanks guys

roambee

Feb 15, 2013
Congrats on ur preg....

well better you send original one so we did, as otherwise you will have to get it notarized and this and that...
Also on getting medical done you will get X-Rays deferred letter from your physician panel if you skip X-Ryas due to pregnancy.... so better option is to go with original ones.

congrats on getting ur visa :)
Teni said:
Hi guys finally got my visa,,,appr8t all ur advise during my sad moments, thanks guys