+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 1344 - forgot Canadian citizenship date

flylice

Feb 14, 2018
Hi everyone

I'm trying to fill the IMM 1344 spousal sponsorship form and it's asking me for the date that I became a Canadian Citizen. This happened years ago so i don't remember the date. I have a Canadian Citizenship card which does not show any date. I called CIC and the agent attempted to find it but no luck. She suggested for me to do a Citizenship search instead but the processing time is 10 months. I don't think I can wait for another 10 months to submit my application. Is there any other way for me to find out the date? If not, can i just submit the form without the date but attach a letter with an explanation? Also if i can leave the date blank, how can i validate the form?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone

I'm trying to fill the IMM 1344 spousal sponsorship form and it's asking me for the date that I became a Canadian Citizen. This happened years ago so i don't remember the date. I have a Canadian Citizenship card which does not show any date. I called CIC and the agent attempted to find it but no luck. She suggested for me to do a Citizenship search instead but the processing time is 10 months. I don't think I can wait for another 10 months to submit my application. Is there any other way for me to find out the date? If not, can i just submit the form without the date but attach a letter with an explanation? Also if i can leave the date blank, how can i validate the form?
Hi

You can't leave it blank. Pick an approximate date and explain on a separate sheet.