+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 1294, Tuition Cost

CrimsonK

May 17, 2015
In the IMM 1294 form, for the section on 'Details of intended study in Canada' and the question on cost of tuition and room and board, am I supposed to quote the cost of the WHOLE undergraduate program (5 years) or just the cost for the first year? My offer letter quotes an estimated range for the cost of only the first academic year.

Also, if I quote the cost for the whole program, do I have to show enough funds for the whole 5-year program or enough for say the first or the first 2 years?

Thank you in advance!

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
The University should send you a form already filled which is for CIC use... There it shouks7be the value of your first year of studies.

Then you need to proof to have enough money t9 cover that + at least 10000 CAD for living expenses for the 1st year...

As I said this is the minimum, if you can show more money, even better...

CrimsonK

May 17, 2015
Wolfpmd3 said:
The University should send you a form already filled which is for CIC use... There it shouks7be the value of your first year of studies.

Then you need to proof to have enough money t9 cover that + at least 10000 CAD for living expenses for the 1st year...

My offer letter, which the university stated is for CIC use, quotes only a range of cost for the first academic year, say maximum 35000 CAD. So should I only mention this as my cost or should I mention the cost for all 5 years (I will have to calculate or ask my university for that). I am a bit confused as some people say that I should mention the cost for only one year while others state that I have to quote the cost for the whole program. I went through a previous post in this very forum and people gave varying opinions there as well.

Just to be clear, you are saying that I should only write the cost for the first year of study and not the cost of the whole program in my IMM 1294 form?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
This should answer most of your questions...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc3

As far as I know, its tuition for 1 year + living expenses for 1 year as well.

On cic web page it just says Tuition, it does not especify full tuition of 1 year tuition, but for example I read at University of Saskatchewan´s weg page that it is 1 year tuition. see this link:

http://explore.usask.ca/moneymatters/index.php

maybe this might help

marie0707

Apr 27, 2016
Bumping this topic up again. I have the exact same question.
Form 1294 is asking for total tuition cost, room and board. It is right underneath indicating the entire program duration.
So it seems like they want you to put the tuition cost for all years on the form.
But everywhere else in documentation I read it states you only need to prove one year.
I'm guessing you just put one year on the form - as the college acceptance letter has it all broken down this way.
I don't know why the form isn't more clear.

TomNy

May 2, 2016
Wolfpmd3 said:

I've same question to fill up Tuition fee in the form. I've checked my offer letter, it says that minimum fee of 4 semesters for a total of approximately, say 30K CAD. Does it mean I've to fill up with total fee for 4 semesters in the form?

karki

Feb 11, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnepig
NOC Code......
4012 and 6311
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
Might be 1 yr cost.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Because I'm filing for my study permit. I was not getting a solid answer for this for a long time as no one has posted their answers with evidence. This twitter post is not by me, I found it just now so thought to share on multiple posts cause people like me are definitely in need of this info.
Actually, it’s quite easy to Google this answer out or find it on IRCC website. When I was lost in my application, I was googling a lot in English or looking at Google image search. This forum is not the only way to get info

ChaChaVidhayakHain

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
Actually, it’s quite easy to Google this answer out or find it on IRCC website. When I was lost in my application, I was googling a lot in English or looking at Google image search. This forum is not the only way to get info
Yes, I got that now. Previously I was relying mostly on this forum.

Reactions: janesama