+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 1283 for minor child sponsorship

Montut

Jul 3, 2018
Do we need to fill IMM 1283 for sponsoring the dependent child who doesn't have any siblings or child? He is from India. In the 'country specific checklist', I see it as one of the forms listed but don't see it under the 'country specific requirements'.

Montut

Jul 3, 2018
Hi, I have a similar query as yours. Is IMM 1283 required for sponsoring a dependent child (minor)?
You don't need to fill in 1283 for sponsoring the dependent child if he is minor. I didn't fill it. My application was approved and got the medical request 2 weeks back. I think if you dependent child has any dependents, then you would need to fill 1283. Your child is minor, so you wont need to worry about it.

nishsan20

Jan 16, 2022
Thanks for the response.
I have a few more queries.
1. Both parents are PR holders and live with the kid in Canada. Is it necessary to co-sign if one parent meets the financial requirement? In the IMM5482 guide, under the section 'Co-signer', it's mentioned that "If you are sponsoring a dependent child who does not have children of his or her own, you do not need a co-signer. ".
2. If not co-signed, is it necessary to fill 5604? However, this form is for non-accompanying parents which doesn't apply in this case.
How would I go about this process?

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for the response.
I have a few more queries.
1. Both parents are PR holders and live with the kid in Canada. Is it necessary to co-sign if one parent meets the financial requirement? In the IMM5482 guide, under the section 'Co-signer', it's mentioned that "If you are sponsoring a dependent child who does not have children of his or her own, you do not need a co-signer. ".
2. If not co-signed, is it necessary to fill 5604? However, this form is for non-accompanying parents which doesn't apply in this case.
How would I go about this process?
Please STOP asking the same question at the same time in multiple threads. Be courteous: post once and wait a bit.