+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 1017 required for visitor visa, should I upload the one in my PR application?

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Hi,

Today I'm trying to apply for a new visitor visa as I'm traveling outside Canada soon and will need it to return back.

I'm on work permit and already applied for the PR and did the medical tests last year.

However, after doing the medical tests, I didn't get any paper from the physician. They told me they will send it directly to IRCC and they did that and I got a notification on my PR application that I passed the medical tests.

However, one of the forms that is now required in my visitor application is the IMM 1017.

I found this document in my PR application when I got the medical request but it has only my name and some information, and I had to print it and bring it along with my passport and photos during the medical tests visit but again, I did not take it back ! They said they will send it.

Now what can I do ? Should I simply re-upload the pdf that I got when I had my medical request ?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Even if it doesn't have the physician's input? I mean the forum I have is like missing fields that the doctor had to fill.
As long as it has a document number of some sort it’s ok. They can look it up.

Honestly you don’t need to pass a medical for a TRV app. It got triggered in the checklist when you answered ‘yes’ if you did a medical in the last 12 months.

Svahora

Apr 6, 2019
Hello, I am in the same situation. I did my medical in 2018 October. In the recent inquiry they told me that my medical is valid until 2021 January. Can I use that for my visitor visa application?

Did you get the visa on that medical? Please advise

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Hello, I am in the same situation. I did my medical in 2018 October. In the recent inquiry they told me that my medical is valid until 2021 January. Can I use that for my visitor visa application?

Did you get the visa on that medical? Please advise
Yes I did :)