+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 0006 + auhhorization letter for a minor

JuanDLink

May 15, 2018
Hey everyone.

My in-laws are coming to visit, they don't need an authorization letter, but they have a 13 year old son, my wife's brother.

Since he is their dependant child, does he need an IMM 0006 + authorization letter to come in?

Regards.

mohsink988

Oct 13, 2020
Hi,

Yes, they will definitely need to fill out IMM 0006 and submit and wait for Authorization letter from IRCC. Same situation with me. Unfortunately, I learnt the hard way. I booked the tickets for my in-laws and my wife's 11 yr old sister. At the airport, they said my in-laws could go but denied boarding to the 11yr old. Tickets were non-refundable. So now I filled out the form and sent an email to IRCC and still waiting for authorization. Please see link below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#extended

JuanDLink

May 15, 2018
I'm sorry to hear that. Do you mind telling me for how long have you been waiting for the authorization? Also, was it the airlime crew or the emmigration authorities who denied her?

mohsink988

Oct 13, 2020
Well, at the time this happened, siblings were not included in immediate family members. They just introduced new regulations on October 8th for extended family members in which siblings are included. So i applied right away on the 8th of October itself. No response as of yet.
It was Air canada staff that denied her boarding. They said as per Canadian embassy rules in india, the 11 yr old cannot travel.

Reactions: Zekarias

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Well, at the time this happened, siblings were not included in immediate family members. They just introduced new regulations on October 8th for extended family members in which siblings are included. So i applied right away on the 8th of October itself. No response as of yet.
It was Air canada staff that denied her boarding. They said as per Canadian embassy rules in india, the 11 yr old cannot travel.
Well if you applied October 8th then if you read the authorisation section it says not to expect anything for at least 14 business days although suspect if demand is great that may be longer

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#authorization

Zekarias

Feb 9, 2018
Quebec
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Kindly let us know when you get the letters. Thanks

JuanDLink

May 15, 2018
any updates?