App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
All, I work in Canada with a WP, since I came from Europe last year they let me come in without an IME. Now I'm trying to apply for a Canadian PR, I received an ITA yesterday. I got an IRCC email a couple of months back that advised that those without a IME done in the last 5 year should do one before they apply. My current issue is I slipped in the snow have a minor fracture. I am wearing a cast, which will be removed in end of May or so. Is it mandatory to submit the application with an IME? I'm not even sure if the Panel doctor will perform an IME for me with an injury? The biggest fear I have is will I fail the IME if I go with a fracture? If any of you have faced or seen similar cases please let know.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
All, I work in Canada with a WP, since I came from Europe last year they let me come in without an IME. Now I'm trying to apply for a Canadian PR, I received an ITA yesterday. I got an IRCC email a couple of months back that advised that those without a IME done in the last 5 year should do one before they apply. My current issue is I slipped in the snow have a minor fracture. I am wearing a cast, which will be removed in end of May or so. Is it mandatory to submit the application with an IME? I'm not even sure if the Panel doctor will perform an IME for me with an injury? The biggest fear I have is will I fail the IME if I go with a fracture? If any of you have faced or seen similar cases please let know.
You won't fail the Upfront medicals (IME is just the form or number) if you go with a fracture. The tests are very basic and have nothing to do with your fracture. They'll do the following:
1. Blood test
2. Urine test
3. X ray
4. meet a doc and answer a few questions

Just those 4 are a part of upfront medical tests (you'll have to do AIDS test if you are outland with a tattoo).

Medical tests determine your admissibility and that whether you'd be a burden on Canadian healthcare. A fracture cannot result into inadmissibility.

Reactions: Lord_Tony

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
You won't fail the Upfront medicals (IME is just the form or number) if you go with a fracture. The tests are very basic and have nothing to do with your fracture. They'll do the following:
1. Blood test
2. Urine test
3. X ray
4. meet a doc and answer a few questions

Just those 4 are a part of upfront medical tests (you'll have to do AIDS test if you are outland with a tattoo).

Medical tests determine your admissibility and that whether you'd be a burden on Canadian healthcare. A fracture cannot result into inadmissibility.
thank you for the reply

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Thanks for the inputs The panel medical center said the IRCC systems didn’t work and didn’t give me any forms on the day I completed my exams i.e. last Monday, now today they have emailed me a e-medical receipt that says your medicals will be sent to IRCC soon. However within the cig.gc.ca portal asks for an IMM 1017 B which the panel doctor medical center folks tell me will take few more days from their end to give. Does getting these IME forms take so long, what has been your experience?

Last edited:

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
You can upload the scanned copy of document provided by clinic
thanks for the response so even without IMM 1017 B, just the e-medical form suffices is it?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thanks for the inputs The panel medical center said the IRCC systems didn’t work and didn’t give me any forms on the day I completed my exams i.e. last Monday, now today they have emailed me a e-medical receipt that says your medicals will be sent to IRCC soon. However within the cig.gc.ca portal asks for an IMM 1017 B which the panel doctor medical center folks tell me will take few more days from their end to give. Does getting these IME forms take so long, what has been your experience?
You should only upload the IME form. I'd not suggest failing your R10 check by uploading wrong docs. I got my IME within the same day, but it could be different based on where you and how good the healthcare system or advanced it really is. If the hospital/medical center says it will take time, it'll take time. IIRC, the e-reciept just says you took paid the fees and did a few tests, it has no IME numbers in it - so it is worthless to upload the e-reciept.

At the end of the medical exam, we get an information sheet and another doc that's almost similar to the information sheet. I don't remember which one I uploaded, but it had my IME number that was generated at the hospital itself. That's what we were told to upload by the hospital.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
They have given be the information sheet from the E-medical system that has IME #, UMI # etc...just it doesn't say IMM 1017-B when I asked they said that documents gets generated after the details are sent to IRCC which takes time, the e-medical right now says has my IME status 501 Medical examination incomplete, when they transmit it will complete they say

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
They have given be the information sheet from the E-medical system that has IME #, UMI # etc...just it doesn't say IMM 1017-B when I asked they said that documents gets generated after the details are sent to IRCC which takes time, the e-medical right now says has my IME status 501 Medical examination incomplete, when they transmit it will complete they say
You don't have the receipt then. Receipt means payment receipt. Information sheet and the other doc is what you really need. They usually give instruction on what to upload (the specifically mention the name, I "think" it was information sheet). Call them and ask them. They are not going to share any other doc with you after this, they'll send your results directly to IRCC.

I'd suggest you read this forum a bit more, there's a ton of info already asked. e.g. this https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/emedical-information-sheet-is-this-correct.355305/

Reading the forum will not only help you, but can also save you from mistakes that could lead to rejection as well.

Reactions: Lord_Tony

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
oops thanks for guiding me, when I search Emedical i see many threads, let me read and follow them thanks