+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IM NEED HELP

OSCAR 12

Feb 14, 2008
I NEED HELP. I BEEN LIVING IN THE USA. FOR 18 YEARS. ILEGAL I NEED HELP TO IMMIGRAD TO CANADA FAST.... I AM GENERAL MECHANIC TECHNITION I HAVE CERTIFICADE FRON COMMUNITY COLEGE I WORK AS A MECHANIC 7 YEARS AND WORK AS A SEMI TRCK DRIVER AND A STUDYNG FPR COMMERCIAL PILOT IN VEGAS NEVADA......... I NEED HELP TO IMMIGRAD TO CANDA FAST. PLEAS HELP

shamindo

Aug 31, 2007
um... sorry to have to say this but canada won't allow you to apply for a visa from a country that you aren't living in legally. My husband who is from sri lanka is living in the uk, when they started his application they noticed his visa for the uk was missing. We finally sent a photo copy of it but they wouldn't even start the application without looking at it first. It's not something they can make a decision over, i'm pretty sure it is something they just aren't allowed to do. it might be different for refugee cases. Hope that helps

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
shamindo

That's not true. If you have been admitted to a country legally for at least a 1-year period, they will accept your application irrespective of your current status in that country.

It's written into the rules.

Mar 15, 2008
Did you have a valid Visa for at least one year when you originally entered the US?
As thaiguy says, you can apply if above is the case.
BTW, I am curious, did they allow you to take a Pilot's course without a valid status in the US?? Interesting

anika

Mar 19, 2008
Hi I am a United States Naturalized citizen, and I have been trying to get help on applying to live in Canada. Every where I look it states that you have to apply and qualify at a certain way, what happens when you don't qualify as a worker because I don't have a promised job, or family there, nor the income required to go move there etc. I am a single mom of 3 and newly engaged it has been difficult for me here in the US for the past 20 years, I was hoping with new emotional life came new horizons but they seem to put me down and my hopes down where every where I turn they tell me I can not migrate to Canada because I don't qualify? I am not sure how to go about it since I am lost and I can't seem to find any help or resources to guide me with my situation?! I either have to have a promised job, which I don't, or family which I don't or about 30 grand to move to Canada which unfortunately I don't? I have 2 year college education in business, have 1 year college certificate for Human resource management, 5 years of employment experience which includes administrative assistant, assistant manager, it support, office clerk, and from high school an additional year in ROP class of marketing, and through family 4 years of part-time employment in customer service and bakery work. So I am able and capable just that economical circumstances and the lack of high paying employment are not found around these areas now-a-days and with living expenses rising and no promotions nor raise in salaries, it is difficult for anyone to save more than enough to just pack up and leave you know?! Not only that but I wish to pursuit a Bachelor's and a Master's degree in Business but due to University costs and the lack of financial aid it seems nearly improbable for a person in my situation to achieve such goals. Over the past years I have spoken with many people that live in Canada through chats and have let me know the great opportunities available, especially the need for business candidates and administrative employees. It is a dream come true for me, so I am asking if you know how and where, any information would help me to apply for a visa or residency to move to Canada...It would be greatly appreciated...All I need is one opportunity, to find stability for my children, and to succeed in life...

Mar 15, 2008
Hi I am a United States Naturalized citizen, and I have been trying to get help on applying to live in Canada. Every where I look it states that you have to apply and qualify at a certain way, what happens when you don't qualify as a worker because I don't have a promised job, or family there, nor the income required to go move there etc. I am a single mom of 3 and newly engaged it has been difficult for me here in the US for the past 20 years, I was hoping with new emotional life came new horizons but they seem to put me down and my hopes down where every where I turn they tell me I can not migrate to Canada because I don't qualify? I am not sure how to go about it since I am lost and I can't seem to find any help or resources to guide me with my situation?! I either have to have a promised job, which I don't, or family which I don't or about 30 grand to move to Canada which unfortunately I don't? I have 2 year college education in business, have 1 year college certificate for Human resource management, 5 years of employment experience which includes administrative assistant, assistant manager, it support, office clerk, and from high school an additional year in ROP class of marketing, and through family 4 years of part-time employment in customer service and bakery work. So I am able and capable just that economical circumstances and the lack of high paying employment are not found around these areas now-a-days and with living expenses rising and no promotions nor raise in salaries, it is difficult for anyone to save more than enough to just pack up and leave you know?! Not only that but I wish to pursuit a Bachelor's and a Master's degree in Business but due to University costs and the lack of financial aid it seems nearly improbable for a person in my situation to achieve such goals. Over the past years I have spoken with many people that live in Canada through chats and have let me know the great opportunities available, especially the need for business candidates and administrative employees. It is a dream come true for me, so I am asking if you know how and where, any information would help me to apply for a visa or residency to move to Canada...It would be greatly appreciated...All I need is one opportunity, to find stability for my children, and to succeed in life...
Sad story that repeats itself in many cases. "Capitalism Gone Wild" aptly describes the situation in America. At least Canada brings some sort of moderation to the party.

anika

Mar 19, 2008
That's the unfortunate thing...knowing the struggles around in America we tend to look for better opportunities to grow, yet it seems that all of the doors are half way opened with certain conditions that I do not qualify for...Here in the United States it seems in order to get any kind of assistance you have to be of a specific raise, many companies and states practice Affirmative Action which is pretty much raise benefit preferability-or a lawful favoritism..I am not on welfare nor food stamps, and barely am allowed to qualify for the health care benefits as a single mom wiht 3 children, with co-payments, and not everything is covered including emergency x-rays etc..to name a couple of things....
So it leaves me wondering and hoping..This is the reason I joined this forum to find out more information in allowing me to educate myself on how in the world to migrate to CANADA. So if anyone has any information it is greatly appreciated...Please right now I can take all the help I can get! Thank you all...

Mar 15, 2008
Anika,
Some people would suggest starting an online business.
I am myself business wary at least since I am not a citizen.
A safer path which I have followed is the following:
1) Identify which employment sectors are "safe havens" - Healthcare, Information Technology for example are always in demand
2) Get a Bachelors in IT or Healthcare (for example, nursing, nurse assistant which is cheaper)
3) In Canada, above are cheaper. As an international student you need to show proof of funds though. Check out university websites.
However if you cannot do, you may have to do it in the US; perhaps you can get financial aid.

If you have someone with whom you can share the responsibility of day to day caring of children, that would be gr8.
This is very helpful if you have to attend college. You need some time to think and study without worries for sometime every week.