+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I'm landing soon,urgent need pls

dejaito

Jan 3, 2013
I'm preparing for landing in two days time as provincial nominee for me and my family. But my great concerns is that the proof of funds. As I don't want to risk travelling with huge sums,so I transfered 10,000 canadian dollar to my blood brother in canada wch he put in separate account and he raised a cover letter in respect of the cash and the statement,he also send the joint statement of acct for him n his wife,wch I'm presenting with 6,000 canadian dollar to the immigration at the port of entry. Hope its all ok,the requirment funds is 16,000 canadian dollar. Urgent respons needed pls. Thanks.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I don't know the rules for PNP but does it say that the funds have to belong to you or your spouse as it does for FSW? If so your brother and his wife will not be able to contribute their account balance to yours. Carefully read the CIC or PNP website for the rules regarding funds. I hope you kept a copy of the cheque you sent to your brother to put in your account as it is important to show the paper trail of the money coming originally from your account. Good luck.

dejaito

Jan 3, 2013
I think the requirement is that you must to have a proof that you are having the money,the joint statement that my brother included is just a supporting proof he is rendering,my other 10,000 can $ is separate. Hope this is okay

rajkatak

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
just did landing couple days back thru US border by road and came back US next day, Nobody in Immigration asked me for proof of funds, despite me trying to show them. They asked how much cash i was carrying and i said 80 dollars and rest i will wire transfer later once i have a canadian bank account. I did open RBC royal bank canadian bank account and have deposited of 20 dollars in there just in case if i need one in future.

dejaito

Jan 3, 2013
:
rajkatak said:
just did landing couple days back thru US border by road and came back US next day, Nobody in Immigration asked me for proof of funds, despite me trying to show them. They asked how much cash i was carrying and i said 80 dollars and rest i will wire transfer later once i have a canadian bank account. I did open RBC royal bank canadian bank account and have deposited of 20 dollars in there just in case if i need one in future.
Thanks so much rajkatak,there are lots of people who had the same experience too. That dey don't ask sometimes. Thanks so much.