+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I'm kinda lost, need some advices!!

AALR

Dec 29, 2017
Hello;

So I'm going to study an arts program in Canada next September, it'll last for two years, I will get a degree. So I was happy cause after graduation It would be possible for me to work in an industry that interests me a lot, so with my p-g-w-p I would have this opportunity. Then I found out, this industry only works with Canadians or Canadian permanent residents. So now I'm a little bit stressed.

I started researching about how to get a permanent residence, seems there are some options for students such as CEC and PNP. But to be honest, I don't really understand those enough. I'm worried about not getting a nomination because I am studying arts. Are there probabilities for those who studies at these areas?

Also, I was wondering about how fast is for a student to get a PR after graduation, does it takes years or months?

Is work experience needed?

Based on what I said, which option is better and faster for me, CEC or PNP?

I would greatly appreciate all the advises you may have for me.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
All of these programs need you to have at least one year of full time paid work experience to qualify. Any work experience (working part time) you gain while studying cannot be counted. You can only count work experience after you complete your studies.

CEC requires you to have at least one year of full time paid Canadian work experience in a skilled role. Processing takes at least 4-6 months after you are selected and apply. So absolutely best case scenario, you might have PR a year and a half after you complete your studies in Canada.

For PNP, the programs each have different requirements and you'll have to research them. However you do need work experience. Also, processing times are a lot longer than CEC.

Reactions: AALR

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
Hello;

So I'm going to study an arts program in Canada next September, it'll last for two years, I will get a degree. So I was happy cause after graduation It would be possible for me to work in an industry that interests me a lot, so with my p-g-w-p I would have this opportunity. Then I found out, this industry only works with Canadians or Canadian permanent residents. So now I'm a little bit stressed.

I started researching about how to get a permanent residence, seems there are some options for students such as CEC and PNP. But to be honest, I don't really understand those enough. I'm worried about not getting a nomination because I am studying arts. Are there probabilities for those who studies at these areas?

Also, I was wondering about how fast is for a student to get a PR after graduation, does it takes years or months?

Is work experience needed?

Based on what I said, which option is better and faster for me, CEC or PNP?

I would greatly appreciate all the advises you may have for me.
In addition to the excellent answer above, I would recommend (apart from "get PR as soon as you qualify") to know if your industry of choice *requires* citizen/PR, or just they don't want to do LMIA. If the later, there is a chance that you might get the job.

Keep in mind employers are required to give citizens/PR priority, but chances are much better if they simply don't want to do LMIA for you. If your field is highly technical, then chances are even better -- it is much easier to say there was no qualified citizen/PR candidate if skill requirements are extremely specific.

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
The PGWP entitles you to work anywhere to get the experience in your field of study, period. Don't bother much with "For Canadians/PRs" notices these are just for show just apply and you'll find the opportunities you look for. If asked about PR status just write "I am eligible to apply for PR with a job offer"

AALR

Dec 29, 2017
The PGWP entitles you to work anywhere to get the experience in your field of study, period. Don't bother much with "For Canadians/PRs" notices these are just for show just apply and you'll find the opportunities you look for. If asked about PR status just write "I am eligible to apply for PR with a job offer"
thank you, you have reassured me

AALR

Dec 29, 2017
In addition to the excellent answer above, I would recommend (apart from "get PR as soon as you qualify") to know if your industry of choice *requires* citizen/PR, or just they don't want to do LMIA. If the later, there is a chance that you might get the job.

Keep in mind employers are required to give citizens/PR priority, but chances are much better if they simply don't want to do LMIA for you. If your field is highly technical, then chances are even better -- it is much easier to say there was no qualified citizen/PR candidate if skill requirements are extremely specific.
Thanks, this is helpful. I don't know if it has to be with "LMIA". I was only told that this industry do not want to pay many taxes. Weird, right? It is a very specific industry.