+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I'm Canadian my wife isn't what should we do about our pregnancy?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It says the policy is an exact duplicate of the provincial plan which means it should cover everything.
Most policies do not cover pregnancy. Did you purchase the plan before the pregnancy? If so yes there is a possibiliy that a pregnancy may be covered. Would call and confirm. Given the cost of the plan pregnancy would not be covered if you were pregnant before coverage started.

DesertRoseKSA

Jan 4, 2021
It says the policy is an exact duplicate of the provincial plan which means it should cover everything.
Hi There BIBIN1991,

Can you please advise if you manage to conclude by now? I sincerely hope either you are a proud parent already or on the verge of being one.

I'm in the similar situation as I'm 6 weeks pregnant now. I'm the primary candidate and my husband and I are both coming to Toronto on 10th Feb (fingers crossed). I could use your experience on how to obtain a relevant maternity insurance or how to best go about maternity while we may need to wait for the OHIP.

Your inputs and advises will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi There BIBIN1991,

Can you please advise if you manage to conclude by now? I sincerely hope either you are a proud parent already or on the verge of being one.

I'm in the similar situation as I'm 6 weeks pregnant now. I'm the primary candidate and my husband and I are both coming to Toronto on 10th Feb (fingers crossed). I could use your experience on how to obtain a relevant maternity insurance or how to best go about maternity while we may need to wait for the OHIP.

Your inputs and advises will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
If you are already pregnant you'll only qualify for emergency coverage not routine care.