+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I'm canadian, my husband's portuguese

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When documents are required for your application, you will have to translate them before you send in your application.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have heard of a couple of people say that during an interview, a visa officer told them that having a child is no proof. I even remember one husband saying that the visa officer told him during an interview that he should not be sure that his wife's children are really his.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I even remember one husband saying that the visa officer told him during an interview that he should not be sure that his wife's children are really his.
Looks like those people just did not bother to provide a child birth certificate :) but brought some child (neighbour's ? ;D) to the interview.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regina said:
Looks like those people just did not bother to provide a child birth certificate :) but brought some child (neighbour's ? ;D) to the interview.
Just because the husbands name is on the birth certificate doesn't prove that he is the father. In most countries, the husband is automatically assumed to be the father of children born to his wife. I suppose the husband could have told the visa officer during the interview that they can request a DNA test if they don't believe they are his children. However, maybe immigration saw some signs that he didn't and maybe he really wasn't the father although he himself thought he was.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just because the husbands name is on the birth certificate doesn't prove that he is the father. In most countries, the husband is automatically assumed to be the father of children born to his wife
it is everywhere. Including Canada. That is why birth certificate IS an evidence that a child was born to a couple. Concerning its DNA - CIC does not care.

besides people who tell such stories usually are lairs. They lied to CIC and then blame CIC for being caught. It IS IMPOSSIBLE for Canadian immigration officer to say such a thing without any proof or concern about legitimacy of family.

May be it was in US. They are famous for their rude attitude towards immigrants but NOT IN CANADA.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
I'd trust Leon's word.

Anyway your comment:

"May be it was in US. They are famous for their rude attitude towards immigrants but NOT IN CANADA. "

You should check out the Family Sponsorship forum. Especially the thread on appeals. People have horror stories about their interviews with CIC officers.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
People have horror stories about their interviews with CIC officers.
I can understand them. Interview could be very stressful, however, if the marriage IS genuine and papers are in order, there is no an interview at all.
And no, Canadian officer COULD not be rude. It is punishable.
You should watch (on youtube) Border Security - Canada's Front Line.
Look how immigration officers work. They do not need to be rude , they know how get the truth from ANYBODY.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Besides some people are so stubborn that just do not understand that they MUST follow the immigration rules, and when they do not and are punished for that they blame "rude" "not understanding" immigration officers but never themselves.
Usually this happens to people from countries where law and rules exist but nobody follows them. Then even a suggestion that they HAVE to follow Canadian immigration rules makes them angry and unhappy and they feel offended and tell you THE STORY :D

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regina, this may all seem amusing to you but it is not amusing to the people who happen to get a rude immigration officer and yes, they do exist in Canada. There are plenty of stories of people that has happened to and I am sure they can't all be lying. Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it hasn't happened to others.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are plenty of stories of people that has happened to and I am sure they can't all be lying. Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it hasn't happened to others.
It did not happen to you too I assume? You read the THE STORIES and believe them . I have been living in Canada for 11 years, and my experience of it and also reading A LOT on the internet about immigration allow me not to trust "the stories".

The officer could be strict to an impudent liar. And then what that liar will tell you? that he lied and was caught? No, of course, not. He will tell stories how "officer was rude to him , the most honest and innocent person in the world". ;D

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regina said:
It did not happen to you too I assume? You read the THE STORIES and believe them . I have been living in Canada for 11 years, and my experience of it and also reading A LOT on the internet about immigration allow me not to trust "the stories".

The officer could be strict to an impudent liar. And then what that liar will tell you? that he lied and was caught? No, of course, not. He will tell stories how "officer was rude to him , the most honest and innocent person in the world". ;D
If it ever happens to you, you know some people will say you are lying too.

As for being able to complain if it happened to you as you said earlier, how can you complain if people don't believe you?

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If it ever happens to you, you know some people will say you are lying too.
I have been living in Canad for ELEVEN years already. NOWHERE NOBODY was EVER rude to me in Canada. The same with my relatives and friends.
Read the topic about "Karma" on the forum- this is an example of a person who will complain that "CIC is rude to him" claiming to return the money (and his property) for his fraud. ;)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, I guess if you have been living in Canada for ELEVEN years you must know every IO and visa officer personally and you know for a fact that none of them are rude. That is good to know. Thank you for the info.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, I guess if you have been living in Canada for ELEVEN years you must know every IO and visa officer personally and you know for a fact that none of them are rude.
I do not have to know each officer. I just understand the system. 11 years is quite enough to integrate into Canadian way of living, mentality and understand "how it works". And even understand what and why immigrants could not understand yet.