+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I'm at the EE as the 'spouse', and I have 4 years of foreign work experience, can my wife remove it safely from the profile?

heleno23

Mar 6, 2023
Hi,

My wife is the main applicant, and her foreign experience counts points, whereas mine does not. We are worried about the number of documents we need to translate (very expensive!). Since my job experience doesn't count for any points, can we remove it from the Express Entry profile? The profile exists for months already, will it be a problem?

Another question: even if we keep my work history in the profile, will they demand documentation for it? It counts for zero points since only Canadian Experience is valid for spouses. We can't find a straight answer on this subject online. I read that after the ITA, a form must be filled out in which the job history of the spouse has to be submitted, wouldn't it be a contradiction if we submit my job history in the form, but not in the Express Entry profile?

Lastly: if we receive an ITA and my work history (which provides 0 points) is submitted in the EE profile, that means I will necessarily have to provide documented proof of employment?

This is confusing. If anyone can shed some light on this matter, I thank you in advance!

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Since my job experience doesn't count for any points, can we remove it from the Express Entry profile? The profile exists for months already, will it be a problem?
I did that for my spouse by listing their work experience under personal history. We spoke to an RCIC about this and they gave us a go ahead. Safe to say, we have an RFV so it works! Even if you have added their work experience before, you can remove, ours was the same case.

heleno23

Mar 6, 2023
Hi @heleno23. Im also at the same stage as you.What did you ended up doing?
Hi, I removed my experience from the Work History and placed it on Personal History, because it doesn't account for any points. I received the ITA on March 15. Every document needs to be translated by a certified translator, which is very expensive in our country. So making this change saved a significant amount of money, since there are less reference letters, pay stubs and bank statements to translate.