+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I'm a scientist working in the USA, my visa application is denied

gsecer

Feb 25, 2023
As the title says.
I'm a citizen of Turkey.
I have been working in the USA as a postdoctoral scientist at a university since 2020.
There is a scientific conference I want to present in March.
I applied for the visa, and it's denied.
I'm shocked!

Here's the reason:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
• Your immigration status outside your country of nationality or habitual residence.

How can I address these?
For the first one, maybe, I could upload my plane tickets (although I didn't see anywhere on the web form where I could have done that)
For the second one, what does that even mean? I don't even understand

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As the title says.
I'm a citizen of Turkey.
I have been working in the USA as a postdoctoral scientist at a university since 2020.
I'm shocked!

Here's the reason:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
• Your immigration status outside your country of nationality or habitual residence.

How can I address these?
For the first one, maybe, I could upload my plane tickets (although I didn't see anywhere on the web form where I could have done that)
When does your US visa expire?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
As the title says.
I'm a citizen of Turkey.
I'm shocked!

Here's the reason:

How can I address these?
Can you tell us what documents you submitted with your original application? We can then suggest what you can add when you reapply to try to strengthen your application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm staying in the USA with a work permit. My current work permit expires in 2024.
I don't have a valid visa stamp. I'd be able return to USA from Canada with automatic visa revalidation Automatic revalidation for certain temporary visitors (cbp.gov)
Have you attended a similar conference in the past? Who is funding your trip?How much have your own savings have you shown? Have you ever applied for a temporary stay or PR in Canada? Do you have any family members in Canada?