+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Illegal work in Canada

Lawrence12

Oct 18, 2015
I would like to ask- I did invite a person in Canada, I provided a letter and my Canadian passport page. that person has been in Canada for 5 months and the visa that I helped will be expired next month- then that person decided to run away from my home.
Worst,that person has been working illegal in Canada and told me that she will be persisting and not returning to the country of origin and
don't care about her status. She never keep herself low profile and said immigration wont be catching her.
I felt very scared and I am afraid I cant have any of my family member visiting me in Canada due to her illegal work and overstay her visa.
I tried to remind her to go back! I tried to convince her to try to apply student visa- she is not comply with a law and never keep herself low profile of her illegal work in Canada.

Can I report her? as I know all detail since 2 months ago.
what will happen if I don't report? of if they found out later that person has been working illegal -will I be in trouble if I don't report that person?
will I be safe from her employer who employs her illegal full time?
thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For your own good, do report that person to the authorities. Willingly or otherwise, you're an accomplice now and not reporting them will only harm you in the long run if and when they get into trouble with the authorities.

sivasagi

Jan 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please inform authorities right now. Otherwise, you will be responsible for any issue that she gets in to. Btw,it is not very difficult to catch illegal immigrant in canada. Also, they will just hype the issue as if you are importing illegal migrants.

So, please raise ur voice and make them understand your situation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Report them here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/report.asp

KelChiAvan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
August 22, 2015
Passport Req..
January 15, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Februray 03, 2016
LANDED..........
Sometime in March
I'm trying hard not to be a pain but from what I read about your story, I think you may have more questions to answer rather than all you just put in there!

What was the arrangement between you guys before she came to Canada?
When you noticed she was working illegally, why didn't you speak up a long time ago? How was she introduced into the illegal job? Your major concern with the illegal job is she is bragging about it and not keeping a low profile!
When she got her visa, didn't you purchase a round trip ticket for her prior to arriving in Canada?
Also I think your major concern here now is you asking for help because she's moved out of your house and doesn't keep a low profile and you don't want to be implicated!
Like other people said its best to report it but ask yourself deeply did you by in any chance aid in helping her get the illegal work in Canada? Because to me 5 months is a long time for a visitor to stay in a country except like a mother coming to help take care of a new born!

I may be wrong and opened to criticism!

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
KelChiAvan said:
I'm trying hard not to be a pain but from what I read about your story, I think you may have more questions to answer rather than all you just put in there!

What was the arrangement between you guys before she came to Canada?
When you noticed she was working illegally, why didn't you speak up a long time ago? How was she introduced into the illegal job? Your major concern with the illegal job is she is bragging about it and not keeping a low profile!
When she got her visa, didn't you purchase a round trip ticket for her prior to arriving in Canada?
Also I think your major concern here now is you asking for help because she's moved out of your house and doesn't keep a low profile and you don't want to be implicated!
Like other people said its best to report it but ask yourself deeply did you by in any chance aid in helping her get the illegal work in Canada? Because to me 5 months is a long time for a visitor to stay in a country except like a mother coming to help take care of a new born!

I may be wrong and opened to criticism!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
Lawrence12 said:
I would like to ask- I did invite a person in Canada, I provided a letter and my Canadian passport page. that person has been in Canada for 5 months and the visa that I helped will be expired next month- then that person decided to run away from my home.
Worst,that person has been working illegal in Canada and told me that she will be persisting and not returning to the country of origin and
don't care about her status. She never keep herself low profile and said immigration wont be catching her.
I felt very scared and I am afraid I cant have any of my family member visiting me in Canada due to her illegal work and overstay her visa.
I tried to remind her to go back! I tried to convince her to try to apply student visa- she is not comply with a law and never keep herself low profile of her illegal work in Canada.

what will happen if I don't report? of if they found out later that person has been working illegal -will I be in trouble if I don't report that person?
thanks
Legally, people are generally not required to report the crimes of others, though it's generally illegal to assist others in committing or planning crimes

Pragmatically, if you want to sponsor people later, it's better to avoid association with people who are committing crimes. Reporting immigration fraud makes it clear that you are not supporting nor enabling it, which makes you look like an innocent party hurt by a criminal.

One thing to consider is whether or not she would blame you if she did end up caught.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Lawrence12 said:

thanks
Isn't this a temporary resident visa? I'm honestly not sure how much background checking CIC does on the inviter for TRVs. But I think you will have to report her for your own peace of mind.

Jefabrown

May 22, 2015
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no law that impels you to report another person- even if you provided an invitation to them. Unless CIC has reasons to believe that you conspired with her to do illegal work or remain illegal in the country, you have nothing to worry about.

However, you would certainly get in CIC's "good books" if you reported her actions. Bearing in mind that those "tip off" reporting systems are anonymous anyway so CIC will not be interested in the identity of the informant.

Everything boils down to your own conscience and what you think is morally right.