+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Illegal job and citizenship

Vivallo

Feb 17, 2018
Hiding illegal job in the past, is it misrepresentation in the citizenship application?
My ex was working illegally while on welfare to avoid paying child alimony for years...
Also, he's hiding from authorities in his home country for unpaid loans to the banks and legal prosecution to those debts.

Could his actions influence our or his application for citizenship?

I don't want me and my child to be related in any way with his affairs.

Last edited:
Reactions: kiala

YYZone

Dec 8, 2017
Hiding illegal job in the past, is it misrepresentation in the citizenship application?
My ex was working illegally while on welfare to avoid paying child alimony for years...
Also, he's hiding from authorities in his home country for unpaid loans to the banks and legal prosecution to those debts.

Is his actions could influence our or his application for citizenship?

Model citizen

Reactions: kiala
R

rish888

Working illegally as in working in Canada without the proper immigration authorization or working legally but fudging his income to CRA?

Either way, that's his cross to bear. You and your child will not be affected by his actions and the corresponding consequences.

Vivallo

Feb 17, 2018
Working illegally as in working in Canada without the proper immigration authorization or working legally but fudging his income to CRA?

Either way, that's his cross to bear. You and your child will not be affected by his actions and the corresponding consequences.
He is PR but he came to Canada as my dependent.
He was working under the table for quite a time and never declared incomes during this period because he was officially on social assistance.
Now there are legal actions against him due to his refusal to pay child arrests.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Report him to IRCC for deportation, this kind of abusive people cause discrimination against immigrants from Canada
Pointless to report this to IRCC. Even if this person was convicted of tax/welfare fraud, that is not a crime that IRCC will revoke PR status for.

Vivallo

Feb 17, 2018
Pointless to report this to IRCC. Even if this person was convicted of tax/welfare fraud, that is not a crime that IRCC will revoke PR status for.
So the same applies for the citizenship, I guess?
He intends to revoke his existing citizenship to avoid further pursuits.

I just don't want in any way to be linked to this person, although he has parent rights and there's nothing I can do to change it.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So the same applies for the citizenship, I guess?
He intends to revoke his existing citizenship to avoid further pursuits.

I just don't want in any way to be linked to this person, although he has parent rights and there's nothing I can do to change it.
What this person does has no effect on your status.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017

Could his actions influence our or his application for citizenship?

He is your ex forget about him he should have no influence on you application.

R

rish888

To echo what others have said:

The fact that he came as your dependent doesn't matter. PR status is something independent.

Whatever he does, it WILL NOT affect you in ANY way.