+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Illegal in the US

shacaro2001

Oct 11, 2017
Hello

I been living illegally in the US for 17 years now, I came to the US legally with a 5 year tourist visa, however when I entered US they gave me only 6 months to stay but I obviously overstayed.
I have an associates degree in applied science and I'm a certified medical biller and Zumba instructor :).
I'm tired of living in fear and not having the freedom to keep improving myself. Can i apply for permanent residence in Canada without leaving the US?. I'm from Colombia. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello

I been living illegally in the US for 17 years now, I came to the US legally with a 5 year tourist visa, however when I entered US they gave me only 6 months to stay but I obviously overstayed.
I have an associates degree in applied science and I'm a certified medical biller and Zumba instructor :).
I'm tired of living in fear and not having the freedom to keep improving myself. Can i apply for permanent residence in Canada without leaving the US?. I'm from Colombia. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
Yes - you can apply for PR if you qualify. You'll need to spend time researching Canada's immigration programs here to find out what the requirements are and if you qualify: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

FYI - the scope of jobs for medical billers in Canada is quite a lot more limited in the US due to our health care program structure. However that won't stop you from using this work experience.

shacaro2001

Oct 11, 2017
Yes - you can apply for PR if you qualify. You'll need to spend time researching Canada's immigration programs here to find out what the requirements are and if you qualify: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

FYI - the scope of jobs for medical billers in Canada is quite a lot more limited in the US due to our health care program structure. However that won't stop you from using this work experience.
Thank you for this information