+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

illegal in canada, applied for spouse sponsoship.

mani0044

Jan 13, 2018
Hi, i came in canada on student visa. And i applied for study permit in 2014 but it was declined and I received a letter to leave canada in 30 days.

I had relationship with my spouse for 2 years. And provides all the proof and applied for inland spouse sponsorship in feb 2018 by marriage . Is there any chances i will get approved for permanent residency or my case is not strong because I don’t have any status.

Should i still be stressed about removing from canada from CBSA while the case is in proceess?

Thanks You

M

mikeymyke

Your case is probably a bit weak not just of your overstay, but that your spouse's parents dont approve your marriage because they dont want her to sponsor you. That would seem to indicate that you're pressuring her to marry/sponsor you, rather than her parents not approving the relationship for other reasons.

mani0044

Jan 13, 2018
In form where they ask why parents were not in marriage my representative filled that “parents were against marriage”(girl),

And for my parents he filled that “my parents don’t have visitor visa to visit canada”.

Is there any chances my case will get approved or i have to prepare for difficulties ahead?

Thanks for ur advice

M

mikeymyke

In form where they ask why parents were not in marriage my representative filled that “parents were against marriage”(girl),

And for my parents he filled that “my parents don’t have visitor visa to visit canada”.

Is there any chances my case will get approved or i have to prepare for difficulties ahead?

Thanks for ur advice
This is not good, the answers are way too general and short. Why doesnt he provide more detailed answers? Didnt even mention why parents were against marriage?

As for your parents, it sounds bad if they dont come to wedding if they didnt even try for a visa, or you didnt explain that they didnt have money to fly, had work, etc

mani0044

Jan 13, 2018
I told my representative it doesn’t sound right but he said it’s fine.

Do u think there’s strong chances of refusal?? Should I withdraw application and fill forms again??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Do u think there’s strong chances of refusal?? Should I withdraw application and fill forms again??
That is a perfectly acceptable answer to the question. Your file will have extra scrutiny because of your lack of status in Canada for fear that it is a marriage of convenience.

Reactions: msb

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018

You should explain in more detail why the parents do not agree. MY husband and I wrote a 5 page long essay detailing our relationship and the deal with his parents not approving (which was 1 page long).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should explain in more detail why the parents do not agree. MY husband and I wrote a 5 page long essay detailing our relationship and the deal with his parents not approving (which was 1 page long).
Would discourage a super long answer but agree that in general you must provide enough detail in your answers.

Lovejit Singh

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Hi, i came in canada on student visa. And i applied for study permit in 2014 but it was declined and I received a letter to leave canada in 30 days.

I had relationship with my spouse for 2 years. And provides all the proof and applied for inland spouse sponsorship in feb 2018 by marriage . Is there any chances i will get approved for permanent residency or my case is not strong because I don’t have any status.

Should i still be stressed about removing from canada from CBSA while the case is in proceess?

Thanks You
I am also in same boat, please let me when you send your PR/OWP file. Did you get your OWP ?

I applied on Feb 27, 2018 and got AOR but no update.

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018

Why i never used a rep. After submitting our app i realize there were things i forgot to clarify so i wrote a letter that i submitted to the VO explaining that i did not habe experience with filling the app and that i had more clarification for them.
I even added more support letters along the way as well.