+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Igra test positive

Varmini

Apr 23, 2021
Hello I'm done with my medicals on 17th there i told physician that my father had tb 2 years back..so he asked me to go for igra test . After two days they called me and told that I'm igra positive but my chest x-ray is normal and told that i will get a mail regarding that.
What is the next procedure?
Does anyone know about it?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello I'm done with my medicals on 17th there i told physician that my father had tb 2 years back..so he asked me to go for igra test . After two days they called me and told that I'm igra positive but my chest x-ray is normal and told that i will get a mail regarding that.
What is the next procedure?
Does anyone know about it?
Likely a sputum culture a repeat x-ray in 3 months.

Varmini

Apr 23, 2021
Yes probably. If you are asked tp do further testing sputum test and repeat x-ray are standard
Doctor told that i will get a mail.
It's been 1 week i gave my medicals..
I didn't get any mail till now.
Can I go and directly give sputum test without any Mail?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Doctor told that i will get a mail.
It's been 1 week i gave my medicals..
I didn't get any mail till now.
Can I go and directly give sputum test without any Mail?
It takes weeks usually to get further medical test instructions. No you shouldn't do further tests until you are asked.

Varmini

Apr 23, 2021
It takes weeks usually to get further medical test instructions. No you shouldn't do further tests until you are asked.
Doctor told that if i want i can go and take a test in Vijaya diagnostic centre...if they ask for reports...we can submit those reports..

Can we do like this?

Varmini

Apr 23, 2021
Technically yes but it would be best to get the request first,
But the problem here in india is VAC offices are closed...untill i give my biometrics they won't update my medicals...
It would be too late if i wait for their request..
I'm going for sept intakr