+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IGRA Positive

Harshita Rav

Sep 19, 2022
I have done my medical examination for Visa. My father has a history of TB therefore I was also advised by the doctor to do an IGRA test. Now I have got the results, I am IGRA positive but my Chest X-ray is normal and I have no symptoms of TB. What should I do next? I haven't applied for Visa yet. I am confused about whether I should apply or not.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I have done my medical examination for Visa. My father has a history of TB therefore I was also advised by the doctor to do an IGRA test. Now I have got the results, I am IGRA positive but my Chest X-ray is normal and I have no symptoms of TB. What should I do next? I haven't applied for Visa yet. I am confused about whether I should apply or not.
You can apply and wait for further medical request/instructioin from the Immigration after declaring igra positive results....

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
https://www.toronto.ca/community-people/health-wellness-care/health-programs-advice/tuberculosis-tb/programs-services-for-tuberculosis-tb/tuberculosis-tb-medical-surveillance/

While it may differ from province to province, I believe the government will merely want information on file. It will not affect your study permit application, or further immigration status. You may need additional tests, if necessary. That's all.