+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If you Received AOR and/or in Process - tell us about 9c

itisme

Feb 12, 2012
Hi All,

It is very frustrating to read about question 9c , what about for those who received AOR Only or AOR and currently InProcess to tell us how did they answer 9c ? , i know there is another thread kinda talking about 9c but no direct response from members that received AOR or inProcess.

I would say the members answer as follow:

1- Date application Sent
2- Received AOR (Yes) , when ?
3- Currently InProcess (Yes or No)
4- Answer to question 9c as follow:
- YES with Attache explanation letter only
OR - YES with attached required form and/or an explation letter
OR - NO with attached explanation letter.
OR - NO

This will relief a lot of members over here and will help the new applicants.

Thanks!

mongol

Jan 10, 2010
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
not yet
Interview........
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
1) Date application sent: 20 October
2) Date of AOR: 2 December
3) I answered NO and did not attach any explanation letter.

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
You will find many in this forum who have received AOR/IP and in any of the 3 buckets - answered YES with explanation and scratched out CIT0177, answered No with explanation and answered No with no explanation. As some of the folks have mentioned in the other threads, it's still too early to comment as the IRCC officers have just started reviewing applications. AOR just means the applications are complete. In that sense we know of at least 1 case where answering Yes and submitting only an explanation letter resulted in a rejection. We don't know how IRCC will interpret any of the answers until we start getting official feedback. At this point , if you are planning to apply soon, read @dpenabill post in the other thread and choose one of the options based on your comfort with associated risk.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
This will relief a lot of members over here and will help the new applicants.
Not really. Neither AOR nor "in-process" means anything other than the application was complete.

As some of the folks have mentioned in the other threads, it's still too early to comment as the IRCC officers have just started reviewing applications. AOR just means the applications are complete. In that sense we know of at least 1 case where answering Yes and submitting only an explanation letter resulted in a rejection.
Small clarification: the application was not "rejected." It was returned as incomplete. This means a short delay in processing, the time it takes for the application to be returned to the applicant and the time it takes the applicant to re-submit the application with what was missing or otherwise incomplete. In this instance the applicant only needed to print the CIT 0177 form, write NA in most of it, and send the package back, no other modifications necessary.

itisme

Feb 12, 2012
Thank you all for answers, can we make it simple just to reply to main questions so at least we know the number of ppl

Thanks!

irieempress

Sep 23, 2017
I'm now In Process (my timeline's in my signature). I selected 'Yes' for 9c, included a completed CIT 0177 form (with N/A written in Sections A and B), and also added an explanation in my Additional Information attachment...