+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If you have done MBA from India, do not opt for ECA from WES

Jul 24, 2021
Hi,

I have done my Master of Management Studies (MMS) from Mumbai University and wanted to know which ECA body (apart from WES) can give master's equivalency for my degree based on the past experiences of candidates who sought the assessment from bodies such as CES/ICES/ICAS/IQAS considering the most suitable body in terms of assessment and fastest timeline?

Kindly help as I have already wasted a lot of months with WES evaluation. Thanks in advance.
Hi Prerna,

Did you get any concrete answer for this?

ashby99

Nov 25, 2018
Everyone looking to get their ECA done, should go with ICES. It was the fastest one when I did it last year in July, took about only 1.5 months after both my universities emailed them my degrees and documents. No hassle at all. Although they will charge twice what WES charges, it's worth it.

ashwin297

Aug 25, 2021
Hello, I am writing in respect to ECA for Immigration to Canada. I seek your help to understand which ECA agency possibly provides Master's Degree equivalency for EMBA (precisely MBA-WX) completed from NMIMS University in India. I want to be absolutely sure before I could apply. Hence, need your cooperation. Expedite response would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ashwin297

Aug 25, 2021
yes they do. i am not sure about two years but i received one year master degree for my distance mba
I seek your help to understand which ECA agency possibly provides Master's Degree equivalency for EMBA (precisely MBA-WX) completed from NMIMS University in India. Does ICES provide it?

Aug 27, 2021
Yes, when it comes to Indian MBA degrees best is to go for IQAS
Dear sir pls help me
I am totally confused about the mode of sending the documents to IQAS for ECA.
Can I send the photo copies of the original documents with out stamping of University/affiliated institute to IQAS my self ?

Sep 9, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have below 2 degrees:
1. Bachelor's of Engineering(4 years)
2. Master of Business Administration (2 Years)

Both from Anna University, Chennai.

I want to get my ECA done. For which I'm planning to go with ICAS. I have two Questions regarding this.

1. Do I need to evaluate both degrees?
2. Will ICAS consider my MBA as Masters?

Request your help. Thanks!

Vanshvedi

Aug 22, 2018
For evaluating MBA from IQAS, does it require the candidate to also send Bachelor's degree transcript or only MBA will suffice?

shakermaker.joel

Jul 23, 2021
Hi All,

I have below 2 degrees:
1. Bachelor's of Technology (4 years)
2. Executive Management Programme from the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (1 year)

I got my ECA done from WES and I am not satisfied with the final report.
They evaluated it as a Bachelor's degree (4 years) and did not consider my executive program.

Any idea if I get the evaluation done from IQAS, will they consider it as "Two Or more degree certificates"?

Anybody faced a similar situation?

Request your help. Thanks!
Hi,

Your case is pretty straightforward. IQAS will likely give you a 1-yr PG-Diploma. This will allow you to choose the two or more degree category in your express entry profile and claim points for it.

But I would suggest you to go with ICES as the timelines are faster especially if your university shall electronically mail your transcripts. You may want to work out a comparison between IQAS and ICES. Good luck!

shakermaker.joel

Jul 23, 2021
Will Online MBA from a recognized university in USA be considered by WES as Canadian equivalent for Master's ?
Hey,
That depends on your bachelors degree and the number of years you've spent in your education. WES shall give masters only to those who have (3+3) years or (4+2) years of education. So, for someone who has done a 4 year bachelors in engineering + 2 years MBA shall get a Canadian masters equivalency from WES irrespective of the geography.

• If you have a 4 year bachelors education and your masters from the US is of 2 years. You'll get a Masters from WES.
  • If you have a 3 year bachelors and a 2-year masters from the US, then you are likely to get a 1-year PG-diploma from WES.

shakermaker.joel

Jul 23, 2021
For evaluating MBA from IQAS, does it require the candidate to also send Bachelor's degree transcript or only MBA will suffice?
Well, it depends on the geography. If you are from India, they will need your bachelors too. If you want things to move fast, then I'd suggest get both your degrees evaluated. Else, you can just get the MBA evaluated and wait for them to ask you for the documents of your bachelors.

shakermaker.joel

Jul 23, 2021
Hi,

I did my MBA from Christ University and i have sent to CES for my ECA. Will i get a master's equivalency?
Also, isn't it enough to just evaluate my master's degree? (That is what was mentioned on the CES website)
You would've got your eca report by now. Please update the outcome and the timeline.

CES would require your bachelors to access your qualification and would ask for it later in the process if you choose to evaluate just the masters.

The outcome should be a master's equivalency. Kindly confirm so that others can gain from your experience. Thanks!

Ananya Das

Nov 27, 2021
I was not able to get in touch with the SIMSREE college on Email and Phone so I applied for professional services. I applied with MailTranscripts and my transcript was prepared in 15 days. Entire process was smooth. I'll highly recommend their services. You can also apply for your transcript with the help of MailTranscripts(http://mailtranscripts.com/apply)

Reactions: Sudha Mathai