+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

if you can't find a guarantor or 4 references ,does it mean you are doomed ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I was asked about weight and height and I told them the relative height of my own.. and just a guestimate.
I think if you really do know that person, you do know the height (like I am up to about his shoulder... etc)
Italian or not... I think it's ok if it's not way off.
I though my neighbours where Italians until much later found out that they are Greeks.
My (somewhat educated) guess is that questions like this are asked not just about the content, but to see how the person reacts to the questions. Someone who's been put on (and not a professional liar or psychopath) without knowing the applicant will do certain 'tells' that they're lying (like making up obvious nonsense or getting very nervous instead of saying 'I don't know.') Does it matter you know if your friend is Italian? Probably not, but how you handle not knowing might.

And keep in mind individual questions (like height) may not matter much, but cumulatively could. Answering things you probably wouldn't know - exact height and weight of somebody you don't know that well - would possibly also finger as a fake.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
My (somewhat educated) guess is that questions like this are asked not just about the content, but to see how the person reacts to the questions. Someone who's been put on (and not a professional liar or psychopath) without knowing the applicant will do certain 'tells' that they're lying (like making up obvious nonsense or getting very nervous instead of saying 'I don't know.') Does it matter you know if your friend is Italian? Probably not, but how you handle not knowing might.

And keep in mind individual questions (like height) may not matter much, but cumulatively could. Answering things you probably wouldn't know - exact height and weight of somebody you don't know that well - would possibly also finger as a fake.
That's why they want to get real reference. Someone who knows the applicant.
:) If they know that person, those questions are easy.

OP is venting that he/she can't find 4 reference since he has a small social circle in Canada.

Feb 17, 2024
This is like becoming a therapy session, I like it. You're right, I do need better friends. But how can you expect a simpleton Uber driver to have a large social gathering. The most fun we have is sipping our double double in an empty parking lot while listening to our foreign music. But I will be working on becoming a dental hygienist next year though so hopefully when I will be putting my fingers in the diseased mouths of other Canadians to relieve them of their dental pain, perhaps they might be willing to sign the reference form for me when I renew the passport.
check dm please