+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If you are enrolled in a 2 year program please check this out

life2525

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
People who are enrolled for a 2 year program, could you please mention the duration of the course mentioned on your offer letter?

For me:

College website shows 2 years
Offer letter roughly 16 months (4 consecutive semesters)

Please mention your college/university and course too please,

Thanks!!

Emreeee

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Website shows 1 year however on the offer letter, 8 months. Don't worry about it, offer letter is not important. When applying for PGWP you'll submit completion letter and on that most probably will write 2 years. You can check it with school, I have. Just send an e-mail to verify it.

Magneto.7

Feb 2, 2021
Yes, Canada's educational system is different from India. An academic year in Canada has only 8 months. 4 months per semester. So if your program is of 2 years then you will get 3 years of PGWP. Also for some unis and colleges they provide 4 months break after first academic year. Some don't. It all depends on your college.

As in your letter it is mentioned consecutively then I don't think you will be allowed to take breaks.

Abdullahi98

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Yes, Canada's educational system is different from India. An academic year in Canada has only 8 months. 4 months per semester. So if your program is of 2 years then you will get 3 years of PGWP. Also for some unis and colleges they provide 4 months break after first academic year. Some don't. It all depends on your college.

As in your letter it is mentioned consecutively then I don't think you will be allowed to take breaks.
Hi,i recieved gcms notes and they say "satisfied applicant is a bonafide student of canada.satisfied applicant will leave canada at the end of study period."..my chances?

Magneto.7

Feb 2, 2021
Hi,i recieved gcms notes and they say "satisfied applicant is a bonafide student of canada.satisfied applicant will leave canada at the end of study period."..my chances?
I already answered your question. I get that you are very anxious since you have been waiting for more than a year now. There are good chances you will get your study permit. You can raise a webform and ask them to declare your result as early as possible as you have been waiting for more than a year now.