Visa Office......
missasaugua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
oct 4th 2013
AOR Received.
oct 7th 2013
so we started the sponsorship undertaking in good financial standing , since then with the cost of us being married the cost of us/me moving to bc and the cost of owning a home , we have come under extreme debt i still can not work because of no first stage approval ,and no work permit , even when that comes it will most likely be another 3 weeks or more for an open work permit .................................. what im asking is if we unfortunately have one of our credit cards go into collections , will that cause us to be UN eligible for sponsorship

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - this won't impact sponsorship eligibility. Only filing for bankruptcy would.

desktopgold

Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
missasaugua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
oct 4th 2013
AOR Received.
oct 7th 2013
should we contact the bank associated with the card and set up payments and try to keep it out of collections is something like this possible , after first stage approval can you file for bankruptcy with out affect . my wife still has a solid good job

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can't file for bankruptcy at any time during the application process (not just first stage). If you file for bankruptcy after first stage approval, you should expect this to have a negative impact on the PR application.

Yes - you should certainly contact the bank to see what arrangements can be made.

Amir8989

Oct 5, 2014
I was wondering 2 months ago my wife got her visa and she is coming in few days but due to some financial problem I couldn't pay my credit cards bill from last 4 months and collection call me everyday to recover the bank money. People are telling me immgiration officer can stop my wife at the canada airport. I'm so worried please I need the write answer please.

M

mikeymyke

I'm pretty sure you're safe Amir, as your wife got visa already. You should probably start working a second job, talk to your credit card company and bank, and reduce your spending in the meantime and get your debt in control. Move to a smaller apartment, and when your wife gets here and works, you both can pay down your debt, and after that , you can move to larger accomodations.

desktopgold

Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
missasaugua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
oct 4th 2013
AOR Received.
oct 7th 2013
so we have done some research and we luckily got a line of credit , but were defiantly having financial problems due to this . im thinking about asking one of our credit card company's to enter into an agreement were we would pay the card off , but it would be frozen at the current balance , what i can see is in Canada they put this into your credit report as R7 rating on that credit file ,,,,, and R7 means Making regular payments through a special arrangement . it stays on your report for 3 years after your done making payments too . does this R7 on your credit report affect sponsership

M

mikeymyke

Has your wife thought about working a second job? Or renting out a room? Line of credit is a powerful tool.

desktopgold

Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
missasaugua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
oct 4th 2013
AOR Received.
oct 7th 2013
she is too stressed as it is , no to second job ,she has a good job already . i am after her to stop cigarettes every day , have you seen the price of cigarettes in Canada , its just this timeline is extending with no end in site and we still have things to do to get me back to work ,

M

mikeymyke

How much does she make a year? How much is she paying on her mortgage a month?

iqbalcheema

Sep 9, 2014
desktopgold said:
so we started the sponsorship undertaking in good financial standing , since then with the cost of us being married the cost of us/me moving to bc and the cost of owning a home , we have come under extreme debt i still can not work because of no first stage approval ,and no work permit , even when that comes it will most likely be another 3 weeks or more for an open work permit .................................. what im asking is if we unfortunately have one of our credit cards go into collections , will that cause us to be UN eligible for sponsorship
You can settle the debt, like pay 25% of the total - and close it. This usually works if its past SOL, ie., last used was more than 2 years ago ( if in Ontario ) and went into collection which means they can officially sue you as its SOL ( Statute of Limitation ) but can keep inquiring on Credit Report which will keep showing up and try to call you over and over

With these cases, you can have it settled, via a professional is better but they have a cut too unless you have patience and time to deal yourself but its doable

desktopgold

Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
missasaugua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
oct 4th 2013
AOR Received.
oct 7th 2013
thank you mikey ,but your not really following the line of questioning ,that is defiantly personal information . it is not in collections and we are not going to let it get there . however by entering an agreement and freezing the available ballance it would be listed as R7 on the report . known as R7 Making regular payments through a special arrangement , just wondering what affect that has on the application .

Amir8989

Oct 5, 2014
My wife already got visa and she is coming in few days but my credit is not the collection company put r9 report on my credit. People are telling me my wife can't be enter into is this true??? I m so worried please I need the answer