+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If we get COPR when we are in india ( for CEC inland applicant )

Nehal Gor

Jul 21, 2017
Hello everyone,

hope you guys are doing well .I am CEC inland applicant AOR 28 Feb 2021 , Medical pass 13 March 2021, Biometric request March 17 th but haven’t done yet. Now we are planing to go to india for 2 months once our biometric done . It would be around 1st May we are planing to book our ticket . Now my questions are :

1)If we get COPR when we are in india , what could be the consistencies ? Will I be then consider as Outland COPR and not allow to come to Canada until this border restrictions there. We do have TRV but we are wondering that would it be still valid though our status change once we get COPR ?

2) I am major applicant with accompany my wife . Now in that case if only she is going to india and she gets COPR when she will be India and I will be in Canada only when I get my COPR then she will allow to come back to Canada , considering present border restriction ?

Your time would be highly appreciated in advance.

abinition

Star Member
Jul 1, 2019
Hello everyone,

hope you guys are doing well .I am CEC inland applicant AOR 28 Feb 2021 , Medical pass 13 March 2021, Biometric request March 17 th but haven’t done yet. Now we are planing to go to india for 2 months once our biometric done . It would be around 1st May we are planing to book our ticket . Now my questions are :

1)If we get COPR when we are in india , what could be the consistencies ? Will I be then consider as Outland COPR and not allow to come to Canada until this border restrictions there. We do have TRV but we are wondering that would it be still valid though our status change once we get COPR ?

2) I am major applicant with accompany my wife . Now in that case if only she is going to india and she gets COPR when she will be India and I will be in Canada only when I get my COPR then she will allow to come back to Canada , considering present border restriction ?

Currently there is no such guide line for this scenario to my knowledge. Many members were posting similar questions. Given the importance of this opportunity, most of them are not risking to travel till they have their PR Cards or at least have Co-PR Copy. I have checked the same with IRCC support, and they too do not have any conclusive answer for this. Post AOR, this is a Risk Game. Welcome.

adwani1994

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
Hello everyone,

Hello, I have read some threads on this forums about this issue as I am also planning to travel to India. There are some cases where people got their CoPR while being in India and as threads suggest once we receive copr our work visa will be ineffective however we can apply for PRTD while being in India or we can request to cancel that copr and issue a new one when we travel back to Canada. PRTD from india may be time consuming so for me I think cancelling CoPR and apply for CoPR by informing IRCC again after returning will be a wise option. Note that we don't need to go for whole procedure from beginning like EE profile followed by ITA and AOR and all that we just have to inform IRCC that we are in India so we need to travel on our work visa so please delay the copr for now and once we are back we have to just inform that we are back please re-issue the copr document, I heard that it will take months to reissue however but there is no risk in travelling during this period just few emails and longer wait time once back. Hope this will help you.

cck1986

May 8, 2020
Hello everyone,

Not sure if it works, but may be you can raise a webform and inform Ircc that you will be away for two months and mention the dates once tickets are booked. This way it will be added in your file. And again once you come back to Canada, raise another webform to say you came back. This way atleast, you will not get PR when in India as currently I believe they are not giving to outlanders based on various web forms. Not sure if it works, just a thought

Mkaur62

Jun 7, 2021
Hi everybody,
I need a suggestion, i received my copr while i am india and now it’s put on hold as i am in india. Currently i am on work permit which is expiring in august 2021. I applied for trv and currently waiting for visa stamping in india. As visa applications centre are closed my stamping is being delayed.
I m just wandering is there any way that i can get my copr in india in case my work permit expire
Is there anyway i can one time visa in order to get my copr that is put on hold
Please suggest me some solutions.

thanks

Mkaur62

Jun 7, 2021
Hello, I have read some threads on this forums about this issue as I am also planning to travel to India. There are some cases where people got their CoPR while being in India and as threads suggest once we receive copr our work visa will be ineffective however we can apply for PRTD while being in India or we can request to cancel that copr and issue a new one when we travel back to Canada. PRTD from india may be time consuming so for me I think cancelling CoPR and apply for CoPR by informing IRCC again after returning will be a wise option. Note that we don't need to go for whole procedure from beginning like EE profile followed by ITA and AOR and all that we just have to inform IRCC that we are in India so we need to travel on our work visa so please delay the copr for now and once we are back we have to just inform that we are back please re-issue the copr document, I heard that it will take months to reissue however but there is
Hello, I have read some threads on this forums about this issue as I am also planning to travel to India. There are some cases where people got their CoPR while being in India and as threads suggest once we receive copr our work visa will be ineffective however we can apply for PRTD while being in India or we can request to cancel that copr and issue a new one when we travel back to Canada. PRTD from india may be time consuming so for me I think cancelling CoPR and apply for CoPR by informing IRCC again after returning will be a wise option. Note that we don't need to go for whole procedure from beginning like EE profile followed by ITA and AOR and all that we just have to inform IRCC that we are in India so we need to travel on our work visa so please delay the copr for now and once we are back we have to just inform that we are back please re-issue the copr document, I heard that it will take months to reissue however but there is no risk in travelling during this period just few emails and longer wait time once back. Hope this will help you.
Hi everybody,
I need a suggestion, i received my copr while i am india and now it’s put on hold as i am in india. Currently i am on work permit which is expiring in august 2021. I applied for trv and currently waiting for visa stamping in india. As visa applications centre are closed my stamping is being delayed.
I m just wandering is there any way that i can get my copr in india in case my work permit expire

thanks

adwani1994

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
Hi everybody,

thanks

Hello, the above quoted procedure I know is for person who has valid work permit I am not sure about what if the work permit gets expired? Logically then only you have one option that you apply for PRTD, but you need to consult other people before taking this step as I'm not the expert. I would suggest to ask this question in "Ask Kubeir -Express Entry/ Canada PR" group on facebook where you'll get accurate answer for sure.

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
Hi everybody,

thanks
Just curious, don't they first email you to confirm whether you are in Canada before issuing your COPR? So how did they issue without confirming this?

limm

Dec 13, 2019
Just curious, don't they first email you to confirm whether you are in Canada before issuing your COPR? So how did they issue without confirming this?
Hi, I also got CoPR in March directly from CIC without virtual landing. I was not informed of the new portal. The CoPR asks me to mail a photo to Edmonton IRCC, but then I have been waiting for my PR Card for nearly half a year.

I need an international travel. I am also wondering whether traveling by old visa+permit is possible. I know CBSA don't mind. Airlines usually can't check PR status (if they could, they could just let us board a flight).