Med's Done....
18-03-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2017
LANDED..........
03-03-2018
If you choose tht your spouse is not coming with you, only you will get ppr or including spouse? And Wat abt kids?

when u choose tht option, system doesn't ask for spouse's ielts or work experience

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your spouse isn't accompanying he/she will not get PR.

You would have to sponsor him/her later on.

tahminaml

Oct 19, 2015
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront 11.02.17
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-03-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2017
LANDED..........
03-03-2018
DelPiero07 said:
If your spouse isn't accompanying he/she will not get PR.

You would have to sponsor him/her later on.
Will the kids get ppr?

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
tahminaml said:
Will the kids get ppr?
I think they will allow you to bring them with you. But they may ask you about their accomodation arrangements, once you find a work and you are at work in the future. basically how are you going to manage and take care of your kids. and you have provide satisfactory answers.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
tahminaml said:
Will the kids get ppr?
If you include them as accompanying, yes. If you put them as non-accompanying along with your spouse, no.

can_indian said:
I think they will allow you to bring them with you. But they may ask you about their accomodation arrangements, once you find a work and you are at work in the future. basically how are you going to manage and take care of your kids. and you have provide satisfactory answers.
??

IRCC will not ask about accommodation arrangements or how OP will work and take care of their kids.

aditi04

Feb 9, 2017
Is there a reason for spouse not accompanying? You might have to justify why your spouse is not accompanying you to CIC.

I had initially created by EE profile without my spouse's info to get those few extra points and had even received the ITA. But, I was strongly advised against filing a PR alone, unless there was a good reason for spouse not accompanying. I had declined the ITA and added spouse to my profile on EE post that.

Alii2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
I chose the option for not accompanying spouse when creating EE profile to get more points. However, given the drop in points, now that I have got the ITA I would still be above the minimum with my wife included in the application. Can I submit my eAPR with my wife included?

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
No, enter Ee again with your spouse after you decline ita

Alii2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
astralsource said:
No, enter Ee again with your spouse after you decline ita
Thank you very much for your comment but can you please explain why not? The CIC website says:
"Changes to your personal situation
If your situation (or that of your spouse or partner) changes, you should re-calculate your score before applying online for permanent residence.

If your recalculated score is less than the lowest score in your round of invitations for an invitation to apply, you should decline the invitation."

My recalculated score would still be above the lowest score.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Alii2017 said:
Thank you very much for your comment but can you please explain why not? The CIC website says:
"Changes to your personal situation
If your situation (or that of your spouse or partner) changes, you should re-calculate your score before applying online for permanent residence.

If your recalculated score is less than the lowest score in your round of invitations for an invitation to apply, you should decline the invitation."

My recalculated score would still be above the lowest score.
It refers to other situations, if you get married in the meanwhile for example.

aditi04

Feb 9, 2017
Alii2017 - I was in the exact same position as yours. And i consulted various people - basically any source i could get hold of since it was very difficult to decline ITA.

I also send an email to the legal consultants associated with 'canadavisa' website, and though they didnt directly tell me to decline it, they said if you feel you were not truthful in your EE profile, it is better not to proceed with it. If your case is picked up as a 'misrepresentation' then there is a ban of 5 years to apply for PR.

If you can, I would suggest getting a professional legal advice by paying an immigration attorney or consultant. You can decline, but if the points go up for any reason (they are expected to go up after June any how) you dont want think 'you wish you had done that'!

After declining my ITA, the points went slightly up in the next draw and it was the worst feeling ever. Hence, take an informed decision.

Alii2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
aditi04 said:
Alii2017 - I was in the exact same position as yours. And i consulted various people - basically any source i could get hold of since it was very difficult to decline ITA.

I also send an email to the legal consultants associated with 'canadavisa' website, and though they didnt directly tell me to decline it, they said if you feel you were not truthful in your EE profile, it is better not to proceed with it. If your case is picked up as a 'misrepresentation' then there is a ban of 5 years to apply for PR.

If you can, I would suggest getting a professional legal advice by paying an immigration attorney or consultant. You can decline, but if the points go up for any reason (they are expected to go up after June any how) you dont want think 'you wish you had done that'!

After declining my ITA, the points went slightly up in the next draw and it was the worst feeling ever. Hence, take an informed decision.
Thank you very much for your comment and advice. No, I am not going to decline my ITA but I am not going to include my wife in the application either. I will move forward with the same info as my EE profile. This way I can avoid the possibility of misrepresentation. I will sponsor my wife later if I get PR.

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
canuck_in_uk said:
If you include them as accompanying, yes. If you put them as non-accompanying along with your spouse, no.

??

IRCC will not ask about accommodation arrangements or how OP will work and take care of their kids.

Express entry is designed to fill job openings in Canada.
What I ment in previous post is that if only one parent is getting PPR and settling there with kids, immigration may be concern about how an immigrant going to take care of his/her kids when he/she is at work. In canada, school hours are 30-35 per week so kids are going to be home rest of the time of the week. So the co-ordination between job (for skilled worker or PNP nominee or LMiA holder is 37.5 + hours per week) and taking care of kids is tricky for a single parent.

Thats all in my head; I am not saying they will definatly ask you. but its good idea to be ready to address and satisfy them if they ask you something like this.

monavy

Aug 20, 2013
can_indian said:
What I ment in previous post is that if only one parent is getting PPR and settling there with kids, immigration may be concern about how an immigrant going to take care of his/her kids when he/she is at work. In canada, school hours are 30-35 per week so kids are going to be home rest of the time of the week. So the co-ordination between job (for skilled worker or PNP nominee or LMiA holder is 37.5 + hours per week) and taking care of kids is tricky for a single parent.

Thats all in my head; I am not saying they will definatly ask you. but its good idea to be ready to address and satisfy them if they ask you something like this.
Typical Indian mindset.
How do you think working parents manage their kids?
Do you think CIC will ask every couple if they both will work and if yes how will they manage their kids?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
can_indian said:

Yes, that is all in your head. IRCC does not ask such things.