+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If passport is lost with PR Visa- what do you do.

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
Hi guys,

okay I'm not certain my passport is lost from NY to me via mail...however I'm so worried---last say my passport goes missing, can I send the Canadian Consulate my new passport for another stamping? ?I have travel plans in a month times and desperatly need my passport- my passport has been mailed a week and a a couples of days ago and nothing yet. If I don't get it soon I will have to cancel my old passport and get a new one- in which case I would need to know if I could send them my new passport for the PR VISA?

Please I have been worried sick about my passport being out there somewhere as I have already had a passport stolen in the past and my information used.

Thanks

dfb

Star Member
Jul 23, 2008
Just curious - how do you know it was mailed? Also, was it mailed to you to a Canadian address? If so, keep in mind that Canada Post can be VERY slow.

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
Hi,

I know my passport was mailed because they told me after I asked them. I live in Bermuda and I was told that they can send anywhere in Canada, USA and Bermuda. They had two options for me one was to have it sent regular mail and the other by FEDEX, DHL however I would need a corporate account-which I don't have. So, I only had one option that was to have it send via regular mail.

I'm not happy about this whole mailing me my passport via regular mail-although it's only been like 6 or 7 business days- usually it mail from new york gets here quite quickly.

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
and it still surprises me how the Canadian consulate would send any document as important as a passport without any tacking or security on it. I'm really not impressed by this piece of policy they have- it's insane.

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
Does anyone know if the Canadian Consulate can issue a new PR VISA on new issued passport as the old Passport that had the visa is lost.

Thanks

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
hey robertbola , first are sure that they have mailed your passport back, did your status on e-cas changed to desicion made? because it take some time to do that. And for the immigration it is your responsability and your problem how you are going to send and receive the passport. And as far as I know, there suppose to be a tracking number, because it is a passport with a visa on it, wich make it more important not to be lost

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
robertbola said:
and it still surprises me how the Canadian consulate would send any document as important as a passport without any tacking or security on it. I'm really not impressed by this piece of policy they have- it's insane.
The visa office sent my passport with the visa (albeit work visa not PR) by ordinary mail. Sometimes the postal office is just slow. Is there a way you can contact the Canadian consular office where you processed your application and ask them if it's okay to send a new passport?

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
I'm going to wait another week- and if nothing arrives I will get a new passport.

Also, ECAS changed to decision made last week monday- and I got an email from them saying that they sent it Augt 27- 09. I just cant believe they would just send a passport without any tracking number. It's outrageous.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
but they gave you a few options and you chose the most insecure one. you cannot blame them. regular mail usually doesn't have any tracking number.

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
hmmm....I only had one option and that was regular mail....the other option was FEDEX or DHL and they said I could only use this option if I had a corporate account...which I did not have.

I don't think I'm in anyway to blame for this- I mean I don't know anyone in their right mind who would just airmail a passport let alone a Consulate. Obvious the consulate should never even offer such an option. I'm clearly very worried as I have already had a bad experience with identity fraud.

This is keeping me up at night--

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
yeah i did--- :) I received it and I was actually contacted by the NY Consulate and spoke to someone over there who was just as concerned and very sorry about the whole situations. She even gave me her direct number to call her should I had not receive passport...

I 'm so excited :)