+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If old ITA expired do I select “I have applied for PR before”

JuliettaG87

May 20, 2015
Hello everyone,

I received an ITA back in April but let it expire because I didn’t have my police certificate in time (forgot to decline my ITA in time). So I created a new EE profile and received another ITA last Wednesday and am planning on submitting this weekend.
I just want to make sure whether I should answer “yes” to the question “has xxx applied to permanent residence before” and then give my old EE profile number. Will they see that it was just an expired ITA and that I didn’t get refused for any reason? Or should I answer “no” since technically I never submitted my application?
If anyone could advise that would be great.

Many thanks!
Julia

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Answer is "No". Only submission of eAPR and receiving acknowledgement counts as PR application.

JuliettaG87

May 20, 2015
Now I have one more question - when I created my new express entry profile I had selected 'yes' to the question 'have you applied for express entry before'. Now don't know how to change this anymore in my EE profile - will this be an issue, if for my actual application I now change it to 'no'?

Thank you.

Rohan21

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Hi Guys, I have submitted my final application to EE and I choose yes in the question 'Has XXXX XXXX applied for Express Entry before?
I put my last EE profile number which I had withdrawn. Now looking at the posts I think I should have selected 'No'
What should I do? Will this create a problem for me?

Please Answer

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi Guys, I have submitted my final application to EE and I choose yes in the question 'Has XXXX XXXX applied for Express Entry before?
I put my last EE profile number which I had withdrawn. Now looking at the posts I think I should have selected 'No'
What should I do? Will this create a problem for me?

Please Answer
It won't cause any problem,

Rohan21

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
It won't cause any problem,
One more question. I got a PNP nomination from Ontario & received my ITA on the basis of those additional 600 points. As the profile got locked after receiving the ITA I tried changing the answer to the question 'Has XXX received a nomination certificate from a province or territory?' but the final application says 'No'
I have sent a webform explaining this, Will it create a problem?

Rohan21

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
it will cause some confusion but won't lead to problems.
One more question. I got a PNP nomination from Ontario & received my ITA on the basis of those additional 600 points. As the profile got locked after receiving the ITA I tried changing the answer to the question 'Has XXX received a nomination certificate from a province or territory?' but the final application says 'No'

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Im not certain about this one but as Long as you send webform to clarify, it should be fine. After you chose No, how was your CRS score? As far as I know if you are nominated, Province will upload your certificate into your profile. IF this is true, I don't think there'll be any issue

Rohan21

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Im not certain about this one but as Long as you send webform to clarify, it should be fine. After you chose No, how was your CRS score? As far as I know if you are nominated, Province will upload your certificate into your profile. IF this is true, I don't think there'll be any issue
Yes, the province has uploaded the certificate & my profile shows that I accepted the invitation. Choosing Yes or No did not show any change because after accepting my nomination I got 600 points & I have a report from Express Entry which shows my points as 1059.
Before submitting the final application I did make the change from No to Yes but somehow it did not save, I have a screenshot if they ask for clarity.

Hoping there is no issue. Fingers crossed!!